Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2014 5:01:49 PM EDT
Ive been looking through this forum and havent found the info i am looking for on this stock.

I know that the Benelli m4 is not imported with that stock any more for some reason.
My question is do i run into any legal issues if i were to buy the stock second hand and install it?

Also why are these not allowed for import? is it the whole "no sporting purpose" thing?
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 4:46:48 PM EDT
[#1]
The gun needs to be 922r compliant.  This thread should have all the info you need.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 11:42:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Bad Link. Need a new link.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 3:31:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Bad link. Anyway, yes you will have a non compliant weapon if you install an orignal Benelli adjustable stock. To make it 92r compliant you are requird to replace at least 3 parts with American made replacements. Freedom Fighter has a page dedicated to making an M4 compliant. If you purchase their trigger pack, that's 3 parts right there to make your weapon legal. I recently got a great deal on an original Benelli adj stock like your talking about. Now "if" I were to instal it, I would be breaking the law.

My next puchase will be a full length titanium tube. That means at least 2 more American parts needed to be legal. Will end up doing the trigger pack since its an upgrade and reduces trigger pull by 2 pounds. I can't say for certain why the rules are such.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 3:08:59 PM EDT
[#4]
So the people who originally bought the ones imported with that stock are violating the law?

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 4:29:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bad Link. Need a new link.
View Quote

Link fixed.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:48:14 AM EDT
[#6]
If I replace his Fixed stock with a factory Benelli M4 Collapsible stock do I have to add 3 or 4  made in the USA parts to make legal?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 1:00:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If I replace his Fixed stock with a factory Benelli M4 Collapsible stock do I have to add 3 or 4  made in the USA parts to make legal?
View Quote

I would say 4.  The ProMag one is an exact copy and runs great on my M4.  It counts as 2 US parts and is far cheaper.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 10:23:13 PM EDT
[#8]
From my understanding the fixed field stock requires 3 US parts to be 922R compliant.

If you find a Benelli collapsible stock then you will need 4 US parts

The FFT trigger kit handles 3 parts so the tube or follower need to be added as well.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 10:35:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
From my understanding the fixed field stock requires 3 US parts to be 922R compliant.

If you find a Benelli collapsible stock then you will need 4 US parts

The FFT trigger kit handles 3 parts so the tube or follower need to be added as well.
View Quote

For the fourth part I would use a US made titanium mag tube. That way you can add two more shells.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 5:47:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
So the people who originally bought the ones imported with that stock are violating the law?

View Quote

No. The m1014 comes with a neutered receiver extension that does not permit the collapsible stock to collapse. The receiver extension can be replaced though.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top