Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2014 9:16:51 PM EDT
I've got a VEPR 12 on order, should have before Christmas depending on how quickly I pay it off (depends on how much OT I get.).  I was planning to use it for 3 gun with a threaded modifed choke and a break on the end.  What I would like to know though is if anyone knows if there is a quality rail that replaces the foregrip?  Also any thoughts on how well this will work for 3 gun with the above setup?
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 11:10:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one. Sold a saiga to buy it. Very happy and never looked back.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 12:02:05 AM EDT
[#2]
From what I've seen at 3gun matches, the few times a Vepr 12 or heavily modified Saiga show up, they decimate the times on shotgun stages/portions.

I picked mine up for fun, hunting and possibly 3 gun (none of my handguns are modified enough to compete with open class handguns, so I've stayed away from open and keep using my 590) but it is a very fun gun and superbly accurate. The iron sights are set for about 100m with 1oz rifled slugs (Remington Slugger followed by Winchester Super X being the most accurate in mine) as the ruskies intended the gun as a "hunting rifle".

Chaos makes a rail for the Vepr 12 (here) but I've not seen anyone using it and so far have not seen any real need for a railed grip IMHO.

Haven't spent the time to pattern the gun as much as I just spent time breaking it in (literally firing 200 shells into the air at a skeet range), so no idea on if the choke would be beneficial.

The break would definitely benefit with heavier loads or slugs, as the Vepr seems to keep with AK tradition in pulling up and right.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 7:17:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Glad to hear you are both liking it, bit of a gamble at $1300 and having never shot one in person.  This was the choke I had planned on getting as it has external threads at the end so I could attach this break to it too.  I guess Ill just get the break and see if the choke is needed down the road for accuracy and patterning in competition.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 7:43:02 AM EDT
[#4]
there are a bunch of useful threads in the AK/Russian area and on VEPR.ORG
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 8:48:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Glad to hear you are both liking it, bit of a gamble at $1300 and having never shot one in person.  This was the choke I had planned on getting as it has external threads at the end so I could attach this break to it too.  I guess Ill just get the break and see if the choke is needed down the road for accuracy and patterning in competition.
View Quote

I bought a PolyChoke II flash hider and never looked back.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:22:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Are they up to $1300 because they aren't importing them now? I recall a few months ago they were around $750.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:33:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Yeah due to the ban they shot up in price.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 5:45:18 PM EDT
[#8]
I prefer the MKA 1919 but . . . . .

I had both a S12 and a V12, just didn't care for them.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 12:38:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Came here to say this... that thing is great!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top