Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2014 2:35:02 PM EDT
I have been searching the web for days and have only come across a few instances where people have actually laid their hands on one of these stocks first hand. I've Googled, YouTubed and even went through all of 'shotgun' related pages here on AR15com. Does anyone have any personal experience with this stock? Is it a piece of junk? I've read a LOT of assumptions, but would really prefer hearing about real life experience.

I used to have a Remington 870 with one of those ATI plastic top folding stocks. I never really liked it. I thought the LOP was long, the cheek weld was not at all comfortable and I got what I paid for.

I read that the LOP on the Benelli 3 position collapsible stock has a LOP that is typically too short or too long for most. Not interested.
I read that the ProMag 3 position collapsible stock is nearly identical with same LOP. Not interested.
The ATI Raven stock appeals to me because it is a 6 position telescoping stock and it has an adjustable cheek riser.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 6:36:11 PM EDT
[#1]
That thing looks like it could catch or hang up on a lot of stuff!!!!
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 12:11:13 AM EDT
[#2]
You have not mentioned the Mesa Tactical stock for the M4. That's the one most people opt for when ditching the OEM M4 stock. Never read a complaint about it. If I were to change mine, it's the one I would pick but, I like the OEM stock on my M4.

http://mesatactical.com/products/urbino-pistol-grip-stock-for-ben-m4-riser-limbsaver-12-ga-black/

Link Posted: 9/6/2014 4:14:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That thing looks like it could catch or hang up on a lot of stuff!!!!
View Quote

I don't see how it could hang up on stuff much if any more than the 3 position telescoping Benelli stock. Perhaps you're referring to the lever on the bottom of the stock. I suppose anything sticking out could hang up on stuff. A lever, a charging handle, a pistol grip or a protruding cheek pad. When I compare the 2 pics above, all I can really see is the additional lever on the ATI stock.

Link Posted: 9/6/2014 4:55:50 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You have not mentioned the Mesa Tactical stock for the M4. That's the one most people opt for when ditching the OEM M4 stock. Never read a complaint about it. If I were to change mine, it's the one I would pick but, I like the OEM stock on my M4.
http://mesatactical.com/products/urbino-pistol-grip-stock-for-ben-m4-riser-limbsaver-12-ga-black/

View Quote

I am mostly interested in a collapsible stock which is why I didn't mention the Mesa stock. I will be adding a Vortex SPARC II with a Bobro micro mount so I liked the idea of an adjustable cheek riser that the Raven stock has. I also like that the cheek riser is easily adjustable without tools or anything that can potentially loosen up over time. I mostly like the idea of having a 6 position telescoping stock!

Link Posted: 9/8/2014 3:30:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I have the ATI Raven.

It is fantastic.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top