Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2014 6:54:48 AM EDT
Cross posted from the C&R forum:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_14/430275_Rhodesian_FN_Riot_Shotgun.html

To anyone that owns one of these shotguns.....

I'm going to do a serial study on these shotguns to see if they were built as a 7+1 gun from the ground up or remanufactured from older FN POL shotguns.

I'm leaning remanufactured considering the limited number reported to be made (around 1K) and with the receiver prefix letters being all over the place.

So far I've recorded B, F, G, and 66 receiver  prefixes.

This format will work, I used my shotgun as a example:

POL receiver prefix serial: B80645

RA number: RA556

Sleeved mag tube (5+1) or un-sleeved (7+1) : 7+1

Importer (CAI or Sarco): CAI

Thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 7:57:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Those were built off a contract through the Rhodesian army from FN. I cant remember much about it the article I read, but it was in a magazine a bunch of years ago.. Either way, they operate just like an A5. The cyclic rate is very very fast. It was up until the early 90's the fastest cyclic rate auto shotgun available. All those small holes milled/drilled into the reciever are for oiling the gun after you clean it. Just a drop in each one of those holes with do you.

As far as the mag tube cutoff switch.. That is a very neat function. Let me explain... Say you are stalking in the bush for some two legged uppity critters.. All you have in the gun is buckshot.. But you think you may have a nest and need to flush em out.. Switch that lever backward, and you can change/extract the loaded shell, put in say a flechette shell, switch the lever back forward, and shoot on the move.

They will last forever because they were milled out of a solid chunk of steel, so make sure you oil it real good when you clean it.  

Other than that, load it up and shoot it!!
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 12:13:22 AM EDT
[#2]
I never knew there was an A5 made with an extended magazine from the factory!
That's why I come here: I keep learning new things. Awesome gun there. Thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 8:07:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Like!!!
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 10:13:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 10:22:02 PM EDT
[#5]
are these FNs similar to the A5s used during the Malayan Emergency?
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 6:14:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
are these FNs similar to the A5s used during the Malayan Emergency?
View Quote

The ones I've seen in pictures always have standard mag tubes, and longer barrels.  I always assumed they were off-the-shelf commercial guns.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 6:31:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Latest shotgun news listed full length forearmed  FN A5 type shotguns for sale $995. Might be rhodesian guns at SARCO
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 11:22:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Want

Slot floppies
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 6:09:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Sweet!
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 6:44:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Nice.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 2:27:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Ive wanted one of these for a long time, i wish i could find a cheaper a5 and make an extended tube for it and have an amish wood worker around here make a forearm. and heres what it would have looked like with the baby poop
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 11:18:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Years ago Century Arms imported some Franchi 48AL shotguns that looked almost exactly like that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top