Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2014 12:06:02 PM EDT
good bad indifferent
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 6:33:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't own one myself, but I can't say I've ever heard anything negative about them. They're clearly among the very top level of 870s available. That being said, they do command a pretty hefty price. I would be pretty skeptical about how much better a Wilson would actually shoot over say, my 870 Police Magnum -and my 870P came in at hundreds less than a comparable WC. One could even go to town on an Express model, addressing every concern some have about Expresses and adding all the stuff that WC offers, and you'd still be all-in at well below the Wilson asking price.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 10:52:36 PM EDT
[#2]
^^^^^^^^ What ChiefBrody said.  They're fine shotguns, but, unless you can't even make toast, they're pretty spendy for what you get.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 11:46:13 AM EDT
[#3]
The Wilson guns are built using Remington Express guns as the base.
You're paying an awful lot of money for mostly cosmetic changes.

For the money you can get the absolute top of the line Remington 870P Police gun, and probably cheaper.
Remington offer a wide variety of models and you can get pretty much everything the Wilson guns have, and probably get it cheaper then a Wilson.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 11:59:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Waaaaay overpriced for what amounts to simple changes a monkey can make.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 4:47:50 PM EDT
[#5]
You're definitely better off buying a base model 870 and accessorizing it yourself to your liking. The only real non DIY thing they seem to do to their 870's is applying their Armor-Tuff finish.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top