Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/28/2014 1:46:13 PM EDT

lets start off with the Mossberg 930:

I owned one several years ago and why the hell I sold it is beyond me, but out side of the normal opening up the loading port what all other enhancements can be done to the 930 spx to make it run or shoot better ?

choke tubes ? if so what is a good buck shot choke tube ?

trigger work ?

forcing cone work ?

polishing work ?

porting work ?

I know aim makes a quad rail but are their any other good quad rails out their ?

RELOADING QUESTIONS:

mec jr for loading buck shot, GTG ?

you can get the "auto prime" for these right ? or is it called a primer hopper or what ever

also powder bushings is their a mec kit ?

and whats it called when you crimp a shot shell but put a taper on the end ? ( which I thinks helps the shell feed better )

and lastly can the mec take an attachment to put the tapers on the end of shot shells ?
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 4:59:39 PM EDT
[#1]
as for the gun, improved cylinder is your best bet for slug and buck.  if your lifter has two pointy "finger" then send that off to crums to get it welded.  if not, carry band aids cause that damn thing will rip your thumb open.

your reloading questions should be posted in the reloading forum.  trying to figure out how to reload shotgun shells, makes my head hurt.

Link Posted: 7/28/2014 7:28:54 PM EDT
[#2]
my MEC Grabber had a primer feed system, and am not familiar with the Jr... buckshot typically will not drop down the shot tube, and you must alternate the pellets a pair at a time by hand....the charge bar accepts a series of powder and shot bushings... you will have to consult the data with the bushings for approximate amounts of your particular shotshell powder... check advertised amount with a powder scale...you will need to consult which wad you need for your particular hull so the crimp closes at the correct height.... the final crimp stage will put a slight taper on the shell, but becomes less pronounced as the hull is reloaded multiple times...
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:22:18 PM EDT
[#3]
thanks for the heads up
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top