Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2014 3:29:39 PM EDT
Remington 870 Express Tactical.  It came with with the XS Shotrail with ghost ring, and some crazy looking muzzle break.  I don't understand what the muzzle break is for.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-0TTD9G2Pwz4/U8wtYEgJ7uI/AAAAAAAAA3k/IA2xCU8ciac/s800/IMAG0086.jpg

Took it to the public range today to get some first impressions.  Using some budget slugs the three high shots were at 50 yards and the three low shots at 100.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-tq5iTPWjOOI/U8ws72EYCDI/AAAAAAAAA1U/Yxl6ABYh38w/s800/IMAG0076.jpg

It was hell on my arm but a lot of fun!

-Beetlebuu
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 3:43:31 PM EDT
[#1]
That is a nice shotgun.  The choke tube is a breacher style.  The idea is that the teeth allow you to jam the barrel into a door jam to shoot the lock off the door.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 4:10:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That is a nice shotgun.  The choke tube is a breacher style.  The idea is that the teeth allow you to jam the barrel into a door jam to shoot the lock off the door.
View Quote

Ha! Thanks for the info.  I don't think I'll be breaching any doors, but it does look cool!
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:30:22 PM EDT
[#3]
You shot slugs through that choke? I am interested in your experience since I thought you had to change the choke to do so...please tell us how it went. The one thing I like about the Remington you own is the ability to change chokes. Nice gun!
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:48:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice first shotgun.  Remove the "breaker" and get a set of screw in choke tubes, improved cylinder, modified and full choke.   Maybe a turkey choke (extra full), and maybe a screw in slug tube (rifled), although I've had mixed results with thise).   Get some more shells (especially birdshot and buckshot) and go shooting.   While not ideal for clays, try to find someone with a skeet thrower and break some clays.  It will teach you a lot about how to use a shotgun on any running or flying target.   Have fun.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:04:18 PM EDT
[#5]
My buddies bought me the same shotgun a couple years ago. Been shooting it in 3 gun and some sporting clays. No problems shooting slugs with the breacher "choke", it doesn't choke at all as far as I can tell.  I just went with a LM this year. Package says no slugs but everything I read ahead of time said it should be fine, maybe get a little off target if it was too tight. Frankly, I was never great with the slugs and I was batting a thousand my last two competitions.

I did have the front sight fall off at first, but Remington sent me a new one. Thank goodness it was the sight dovetail cut too small not the base cut too big. Cost me $5 for my LGS to put it on.  Had an early issue with surface rust, but Eezox took care of that.

It's no sexy autoloader, but it gets the job done.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top