Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2014 11:56:34 AM EDT
I'm trying to find a Direct Fit Recoil pad for 2 guns  i have

1. Remington 870 Express - Synthetic Stock I have this one  Model 422159
2. Savage Axis XP in 308 Synthetic Stock I have this one Axis XP 308

I haven't been able to successfully find a part number that are direct fits for each one.
I've never tried a recoil pad, let alone a Grind to fit type, and my local shops just aren't knowledgeable about these products.

Has anyone had luck with this brand, and if you have one, do you recall where i can get one?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 12:07:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the slip on limbsaver medium for my Rem 700 syn stock and my 870 marine magnum, which also has a syn stock..fits good and on the black syn stocks looks like it belongs there....works good too.....got mine at Wally World
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 12:17:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have the slip on limbsaver medium for my Rem 700 syn stock and my 870 marine magnum, which also has a syn stock..fits good and on the black syn stocks looks like it belongs there....works good too.....got mine at Wally World
View Quote

Do you think all the stocks are really that different? that a slip on kind might work for both?
I may need to go that route.

Does the Slip on kind, cover the existing pad, or does it replace it?
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 12:22:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Slip on pads go over the existing pad and cover the rear portion of the stock.  Using a slip on over an existing pad will have a dramatic affect on LOP.  Depending on your build, that could be a good thing or a bad thing.... Depending on your gun, they may fit snuggly or be loose and wiggly.

Go to http://www.limbsaver.com/2010/pdfs/templates/LS_templates.pdf and download and print the templates.  Then match up the bare buttstock to see if one will fit directly or close enough.  Depends on how perfect you want it, and what gun you're trying to fit.  If not, you can get a grind-to-fit that's the closest and then grind it to fit exactly.  If you have a belt sander and some tape it isn't too difficult.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 9:54:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Slip on pads go over the existing pad and cover the rear portion of the stock.  Using a slip on over an existing pad will have a dramatic affect on LOP.  Depending on your build, that could be a good thing or a bad thing.... Depending on your gun, they may fit snuggly or be loose and wiggly.

Go to http://www.limbsaver.com/2010/pdfs/templates/LS_templates.pdf and download and print the templates.  Then match up the bare buttstock to see if one will fit directly or close enough.  Depends on how perfect you want it, and what gun you're trying to fit.  If not, you can get a grind-to-fit that's the closest and then grind it to fit exactly.  If you have a belt sander and some tape it isn't too difficult.
View Quote

There Seems to be 2 different ones that will fit.
10100 and 10101

Amazon reviews looks like one is for wood and one is for Synthetic
Thanks for the Tips, now I just need to do the Savage, and I'll be all good

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 12:36:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Nope.  Both the 10100 and 10101 pads are for synthetic stocks only.  The base plates are the same with the difference being only in the pad shape and anti snag coating itself.  One is standard and the other is the Speed Mount style.   Read the warning at the top of the template page for them.  Some pads can be used on either synthetic or wood by just grinding away the part made to fit inside the synthetic stock so that the base will be flat to fit a wood stock.  The templates show what can be removed on the models that allow for it.  According to Limbsaver, that can't be done on these two though.  If your stock is synthetic they should work.  But, if it's wood those aren't what you want.

NEVERMIND!  I just reread your OP and see that you have the synthetic stocked 870.  Should be good to go...
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 12:42:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Nope.  Both the 10100 and 10101 pads are for synthetic stocks only.  The base plates are the same with the difference being only in the pad shape and anti snag coating itself.  One is standard and the other is the Speed Mount style.   Read the warning at the top of the template page for them.  Some pads can be used on either synthetic or wood by just grinding away the part made to fit inside the synthetic stock so that the base will be flat to fit a wood stock.  The templates show what can be removed on the models that allow for it.  According to Limbsaver, that can't be done on these two though.  If your stock is synthetic they should work.  But, if it's wood those aren't what you want.

NEVERMIND!  I just reread your OP and see that you have the synthetic stocked 870.  Should be good to go...
View Quote

Yes, both were for Syn Stock, But I still cant find the difference between them.
I went ahead and ordered the 10101, since Google Pics mad it look possibly thicker than the 10100

Thanks for the Links
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:03:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
One is standard and the other is the Speed Mount style.  
View Quote

Speed mount has a different heel profile and a smooth anti snag coating.  Makes it easier and quicker to mount.  Especially when wearing bulkier clothes, coats and such.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 3:49:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Got the 10101 today, and installed, perfect fit, the only thing I would do differently, is with the new limbsaver, I should use slightly shorter screws.
The factory pad is a little thicker between the top of the screw, and the bottom of the opening., so 1/2" shorter screw would keep all the threads happy.

Looks like  I'm stuck with a slip on for the bolt gun, the factory pad is weirdly shaped, to replace the pad.

Thank you all for the help.
Link Posted: 5/5/2014 6:45:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Got the 10101 today, and installed, perfect fit, the only thing I would do differently, is with the new limbsaver, I should use slightly shorter screws.
The factory pad is a little thicker between the top of the screw, and the bottom of the opening., so 1/2" shorter screw would keep all the threads happy.

Looks like  I'm stuck with a slip on for the bolt gun, the factory pad is weirdly shaped, to replace the pad.

Thank you all for the help.
View Quote

Barely any Recoil on the 12ga, Pleasantly  surprised!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top