Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2017 8:36:35 PM EDT
Ok totally my fault.  I got a great deal on a FNS with a safety but didn't want the safety.  I took the gun apart chopped the safety levers and post that blocks the trigger bar.  Now it's the same setup as the non-safety model except for the notches in the frame where the safety was.  So now I'm thinking of swapping the safety back in just because the look bothers me too much and it's going to be a safe queen.  FN customer service lady told me they have no extra safeties.  She told me to order from Mid West Gun Works who are out and telling me they have no idea when they will get more.  I'm LEO and emailed their LEO sales, no return email.  I sent a message to their Facebook site which claims answers in an average of one hour, no reply.  Posted on their homepage asking about ordering a part and my frustration, they never allowed it on the site or replied to me.  WTF  Why are FN so ridiculous about selling parts?  Is there someone else on here who might have a contact person or suggestion?
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 8:44:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Ok totally my fault.  I got a great deal on a FNS with a safety but didn't want the safety.  I took the gun apart chopped the safety levers and post that blocks the trigger bar.  Now it's the same setup as the non-safety model except for the notches in the frame where the safety was.  So now I'm thinking of swapping the safety back in just because the look bothers me too much and it's going to be a safe queen.  FN customer service lady told me they have no extra safeties.  She told me to order from Mid West Gun Works who are out and telling me they have no idea when they will get more.  I'm LEO and emailed their LEO sales, no return email.  I sent a message to their Facebook site which claims answers in an average of one hour, no reply.  Posted on their homepage asking about ordering a part and my frustration, they never allowed it on the site or replied to me.  WTF  Why are FN so ridiculous about selling parts?  Is there someone else on here who might have a contact person or suggestion?
View Quote

Have you tried the FN pro shop? I'll look for the link.

The guy who runs it is a solid dude.

https://fnamerica.com/fn-pro-shop/
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 9:13:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 7:57:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Ok that makes me feel better that Midwest restocks often.  I'll try the pro shop today.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 11:42:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Ask for Mo Yunis
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 3:06:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Midwest gunworks has every single part you need. Cheap USPS shipping as well for tiny parts.

FN Customer Service is the worst! Horrible.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 1:23:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Midwest hasnt had the parts ive been looking for in 2 damn years. I emailed Mo from the Pro shop about a full sized FNS mag release and he sent me one immediately. If you email FN's regular customer service they will just tell you that Midwest handles all their parts
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 7:49:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Hmmmm, their factory and pro shop are within walking distance from my house. And I'm probably going tomorrow to purchase something. Want me to ask? Maybe one of the guys can simpily walk to the big factory behind the pro shop and grab a safety lever off the assembly line or something.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 7:58:39 PM EDT
[#8]
LOVE MIDWEST GUNWORKS!!!  I just went to their website a few minutes ago (don't go very often now days ) and holy crap! They have complete FNX45 Tactical slides and threaded barrels for the FNX45. I've been waiting for 5 years for them to become available. They do have a good selection of slides and parts right now.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 9:13:38 AM EDT
[#9]
I had the same problem last year with some small scar parts. Called the LE contact and he said he couldn't do anything for me and that I needed to co tact Midwest. I couldn't  believe that they can't get one from the pro shop either but that was also a no go.
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top