Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2016 10:06:51 AM EDT
OK guys, think I'm getting screwed on a deal.

I bought a brand new FNX-45 and seems the optics mounting plates are MIA. Contacted the dealer who said he would get them but might take a few weeks for FN to ship them to him then to me.

Guy seems to want to make things right, and shows concern.

Well its been 2 months now, and no mounting plates....

He says FN was supposed to ship them directly to me, I have not received them yet. As of last face to face discussion he was going to contact them again and let me know. Well that was 2 weeks ago and no call or return calls from voicemail I left for him.

I am looking to find out if someone with the plates can check to see if there is a part number on them. I can not find them online anywhere, even on FNH web site.

Maybe I am a ass, but I prefer the original manufacturer parts.

Now, I looked at the gun at a gun show, ALL parts were there with the gun. I walked the show to see what else was there before blowing the cash in the first 5 minutes . Went back at the end figured if its there then it was going home with me. We struck a deal and I bought the gun for a good deal. Now I get home and start to go through the carry bag it comes in and notice the plates are MIA. Contacted him the next business day to resolve issue, still no resolve to this day.

Snert..
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 10:11:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Bummer! Just checked my optic plates, no part numbers or any markings on them. So you know you can mount some RDS without the plates

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 10:38:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for checking yours.

I know some will fit, and some you can order plates from Burris etc.. Basically looking to have the original ones to compete the package as factory complete. I am sure Burris, trijicon etc. mark theirs with a name or logo stamp.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 10:47:30 AM EDT
[#3]
I put a FF3 on mine. it fits with or without the plate but the auto sense eye wont work without it.
so you CAN do that for now.

the plates arent numbered. but you can make something for temporary. i dont know if they are even for sale.
never seen them.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 6:33:57 PM EDT
[#4]
What optic are you going to mount?
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 2:39:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Most likely a Burris fast fire 3 or Trijicon RMR.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 5:06:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm sure one of us can donate you the proper plate once you've decided which one you're going with. I think the plates that come with the gun are for a RMR and leupold?  I used my rmr one.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 12:34:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Plates also work with the Vortex options as well :)
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 12:41:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Why not just call FN?

Link Posted: 8/29/2016 7:56:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Why not just call FN?

View Quote

Bought the pistol brand new and they went MIA at the show. Gave the dealer the opportunity to make things right. Plus upon talking with him he said that FN will ship to him at no cost, If I call they will only sell them to me.
As the dealer was making a effort, I figured He will do right. But its starting to get a little sketchy at this point.

Link Posted: 8/31/2016 6:09:57 PM EDT
[#10]
i would explain that to FN's CS.

They might have pity & sell them
to you cheap, or gratis.

It wouldn't hurt to check with them.

John
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 7:36:44 PM EDT
[#11]
I may be able to help..?
I just went through the same thing. I bought a brand new FNX-45 Tactical in TAN/FDE a few months ago and as I didn't "HAVE" any red dot to mount, I never really gave much thought to the plates missing. I noticed about two months after I bought it new in the case from a local dealer. I tried contacting them first and they were dicks about it. Basically said I got what came with it from FN and if they were missing, I needed to contact FN.
Well I contacted FN and they didn't even hesitate to send me out the WHOLE kit, free of charge. Even came with the little plastic box, all the screws, Torx key etc.
The FN rep said and I quote "The dealers need better training so they spot these things BEFORE selling them to end users, we have been having a lot of this lately with the plates missing and we don't know if it's at the dealer level or the distributor level but they leave FN with everything in the case, they are fully inspected before shipping".
They they sent me everything for my hassle.
I recorded my conversations with the CS gal from FN so I will see if I can find her name. I called 3 times while I was waiting or them to see what was taking so long and it was always the same girl I spoke with and she remembered me.
I later found out that FN moved offices and factory locations so they closed parts shipping down for a couple months. I JUST got my plates a couple weeks ago.

I called them myself btw. They did not try to sell them to me, they just shipped them out when the shipping department resumed shipping after the move.

Link Posted: 9/9/2016 10:41:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I may be able to help..?

I just went through the same thing. I bought a brand new FNX-45 Tactical in TAN/FDE a few months ago and as I didn't "HAVE" any red dot to mount, I never really gave much thought to the plates missing. I noticed about two months after I bought it new in the case from a local dealer. I tried contacting them first and they were dicks about it. Basically said I got what came with it from FN and if they were missing, I needed to contact FN.

Well I contacted FN and they didn't even hesitate to send me out the WHOLE kit, free of charge. Even came with the little plastic box, all the screws, Torx key etc.

The FN rep said and I quote "The dealers need better training so they spot these things BEFORE selling them to end users, we have been having a lot of this lately with the plates missing and we don't know if it's at the dealer level or the distributor level but they leave FN with everything in the case, they are fully inspected before shipping".

I recorded my conversations with the CS gal from FN so I will see if I can find her name. I called 3 times while I was waiting or them to see what was taking so long and it was always the same girl I spoke with and she remembered me.

I later found out that FN moved offices and factory locations so they closed parts shipping down for a couple months. I JUST got my plates a couple weeks ago.

I called them myself btw. They did not try to sell them to me, they just shipped them out when the shipping department resumed shipping after the move.
View Quote

If you have the CS woman name that would be great.

I called FN on Wed 9-7-2016 and was put to voicemail, just told them it was about some fnx parts. still no call back from them...

BUT....

I also called the dealer the same day, talked to a employee who did some research. He says he called FN and put in a claims ticket. They said they were OUT OF STOCK a the moment. He then stated that  they would pass the claim to the correct person to handle it. If need be they would take the parts from the production line and ship them out.

I will try to contact them again today to see what the heck is going on.

Spend a grand on a handgun, have to jump through hoops to get resolution....
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 10:09:21 PM EDT
[#13]
I was hot on the FNXT's a couple
of years ago, but went with a USPT
for a host. I ran across a used FNXT
and I bought it and a new one a few
days ago. 2 is 1, you know.

At my first range trip I was reminded
about the magazine stoppage issue,
when it happened to me that day.

I'm very irritated that FN has not corrected
this with a simple mold change for the
mag release, and that I have to break
out a dremel for a 5 minute fix, that
they should have corrected 3 or 4
years ago, on a $1k+ handgun.

I bought them for their capacity &
the RMR ready slide.

I really like them, but come on FN.

John
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 9:16:41 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I called FN on Wed 9-7-2016 and was put to voicemail, just told them it was about some fnx parts. still no call back from them...

BUT....

I also called the dealer the same day, talked to a employee who did some research. He says he called FN and put in a claims ticket. They said they were OUT OF STOCK a the moment. He then stated that  they would pass the claim to the correct person to handle it. If need be they would take the parts from the production line and ship them out.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I may be able to help..?

BUT....

OK gimme a day, I gotta dig through my call log and figure out which number was theirs! :)

Link Posted: 9/12/2016 9:53:17 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I was hot on the FNXT's a couple

of years ago, but went with a USPT

for a host. I ran across a used FNXT

and I bought it and a new one a few

days ago. 2 is 1, you know.

At my first range trip I was reminded

about the magazine stoppage issue,

when it happened to me that day.

I'm very irritated that FN has not corrected

this with a simple mold change for the

mag release, and that I have to break

out a dremel for a 5 minute fix, that

they should have corrected 3 or 4

years ago, on a $1k+ handgun.

I bought them for their capacity &

the RMR ready slide.

I really like them, but come on FN.

John
View Quote

What do you mean by "magazine stoppage issues"?

Link Posted: 9/12/2016 11:10:05 PM EDT
[#16]
If you insert a magazine with directional pressure
on the base pad with the palm of your hand
such that the front of the mag is forced into
contact with the front right corner of the mag
well, before getting to the mag release, the
front lip of the mag can/will catch the bottom
square edge of the mag release and it will
stop like it hit a brick wall. It will not go. To
make it go, you would then have to release
pressure & re-direct the top of the mag to
the rear of the mag well, to make it go far
enough to clear the mag release,  then
seat it.

Hard to explain, but if you have one, you can
self induce it, if you play with it a little.

Obviously this kind of stoppage could
be costly if it happened on the street, at
the wrong time.

You can remove the mag release & bevel
the bottom square edges about .060" x
45 degrees, with a dremel & and drum
sander. It's about a 5 minute job from start
to finish, once you know what to do.

John
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 3:38:59 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

enough to clear the mag release, to then

seat it.

the wrong time.

John
View Quote

OHHHH! THAT!

I know exactly what you mean now. I've just gotten used to pushing the magazines forward to have it now catch.

I think I might try what you've suggested to make a little ramp for the magazine to glance off.

OK good idea! :)

Link Posted: 9/13/2016 9:38:05 PM EDT
[#18]
I used a curved pick to pull the
mag release spring out through
the top of the receiver. Some
people use a bent paper clip.

When the spring comes out,
the the mag release will drop
free. I beveled the bottom edge
squared edges with the dremel
& drum sander. I tried to cold
blue the exposed metal, but
it did not work. I coated it with
synthetic motor oil & re-installed.

Works good!

I found a write up & pics in the
FN forum.

Later!

John
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 10:13:57 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

OHHHH! THAT!

I know exactly what you mean now. I've just gotten used to pushing the magazines forward to have it now catch.

I think I might try what you've suggested to make a little ramp for the magazine to glance off.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

enough to clear the mag release, to then

seat it.

the wrong time.

John

OHHHH! THAT!

Glad I saw this, that is annoying, it doesn't happen to me much now, like the guy above I just push them in right so it doesn't catch, but I'll have to do this.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 12:57:20 PM EDT
[#20]
OK so might have some promising forward motion here..

Pestered the gun shop a little bit, they made some calls, left voicemails etc. I also did the same with FN, still no response.

Dealer calls me back yesterday says a FN rep called him and needed some info, Gun serial number and packed/inspected by sticker number. He then was told BY FN that they would ship out in the next few days.

Fingers crossed....
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 5:31:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Issue resolved...

Dealer called multiple times a day and annoyed the craps out of them. He says they finally got to speak to a supervisor and he Handled the situation. Pulled the parts from a production line gun.

Seems the plates ONLY come with the gun, not sold separately.

I had left multiple voicemails with no response as of this time. Really disappointedw with FN customer service at this point.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 2:00:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 2:51:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I'm sure one of us can donate you the proper plate once you've decided which one you're going with. I think the plates that come with the gun are for a RMR and leupold?  I used my rmr one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No Leupold plate yet per Leupold. I picked up a deltapoint pro but haven't tried to mount it since I was told the plate wasn't available yet.
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top