Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2016 2:00:05 PM EDT
Long story short, I had a fnp tac 45 take a dump (unsupported chamber by look of brass), sent it in to FN via their second day air label, and reciever a call a week later that they were upgrading me to a fnx tac. This was 2 months and a day ago. Every time I call (once a week for the last 2 weeks as instructed by their warranty dept rep), I'm told it is in process and the warranty center is waiting on corporate approval. Is this acceptable? They finally gave me a customer service number, but get a voice mail every time and have let 2 voice mails over the last 2 weeks and still no call back. Should I worry or am I still within acceptable stand by time? Do we have anyone with FN that may be able to push this process along?
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 3:22:36 PM EDT
[#1]
In my 3 or 4 time experiences with large firearm industry(not FN) companies warranty process for replacements has taken 1-3 months. SO I wouldn't be worried yet.

I think last one was Leupold replaced a Deltapoint with a Deltapoint Pro for me, took a  little more than 2 months if I remember correctly.

Always frustrating of course being, being without your stuff for so long.

Link Posted: 5/18/2016 5:08:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In my 3 or 4 time experiences with large firearm industry(not FN) companies warranty process for replacements has taken 1-3 months. SO I wouldn't be worried yet.

I think last one was Leupold replaced a Deltapoint with a Deltapoint Pro for me, took a  little more than 2 months if I remember correctly.

Always frustrating of course being, being without your stuff for so long.

View Quote

Yea specially since its the perfect time of year to shoot.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 8:50:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Sounds right, I've only seen one gun that was replaced under warranty, the maker declared it a loss after less than two weeks and promised a replacement but took over 3 months to deliver. The excuse was paperwork. Since I have no idea what has to be filed to replace serial #xxxx with serial # xxxy I can't dispute that. Yes it sucks to wait that long but if you wind up with a brand new FNX I'd consider that fair compensation.
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 12:14:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Finally after 3 months FN/BROWNING GROUP treks me the fnxtac45b is on back order. Yay.
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top