Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2016 12:26:00 AM EDT
Are there any major problems with the P series pistols? I found one local for $400. Not sure if it's a good deal or not.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 12:57:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Nothing wrong with them.

I believe the FNP-45s and FNX-45s are the actually the same but they changed some minor things and changed it to FNX, mags are the same too I think.(correct me if I'm wrong)

The FNP 9s and 40s solid guns too. Discontinued predecessor to the FNXs. Mags are not interchangeable if I recall correctly.

In my mind I would rather pay just a little more for the latest production version but thats just me.

Link Posted: 5/11/2016 1:26:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Well theres the whole discussion about FNP-45's having an unsupported chamber and theres a few 45's the blew up using factory ammo, including mine. Mine was replaced by the FNX-45.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 8:35:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nothing wrong with them.

I believe the FNP-45s and FNX-45s are the actually the same but they changed some minor things and changed it to FNX, mags are the same too I think.(correct me if I'm wrong)

The FNP 9s and 40s solid guns too. Discontinued predecessor to the FNXs. Mags are not interchangeable if I recall correctly.

In my mind I would rather pay just a little more for the latest production version but thats just me.

View Quote

Correct.. I found mine to be very accurate at 35 yds. hitting a half inch stick.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 2:37:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I've heard the older FNPs had tighter chambers than the later FNXs. There were some complaints about the unsupported chamber. But to me it looked the same as a Glock. Other than that I don't think they really had any issues. There was something about the mag compatibility, I heard the P mags won't work in an X, but that the X mags are OK in a P. Someone else will have to verify that as I only have an FNX.

Link Posted: 5/11/2016 6:28:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I've heard the older FNPs had tighter chambers than the later FNXs. There were some complaints about the unsupported chamber. But to me it looked the same as a Glock. Other than that I don't think they really had any issues. There was something about the mag compatibility, I heard the P mags won't work in an X, but that the X mags are OK in a P. Someone else will have to verify that as I only have an FNX.

View Quote

I haven't had a chance to shoot with them yet, but I recently picked up two FNP-45 mags to try in my FNX-45. They lock in, lock the slide back, and seem like they should work fine. They do wiggle a little more in the maxwell, but I believe (hope) that they will be perfectly fine for range mags.
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 10:59:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I think the mags from a P will fit in an X, but not the other way around. I owned both in .45 in the past.
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 11:24:50 PM EDT
[#7]
have a fnp45. 5 mags for it, 3 factory, 2 purchased after. all have follower issues. sent all 5 in, got 5 more. still have issues. I love it, it's stupid accurate. but as a range toy. don't trust it.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 1:50:56 PM EDT
[#8]
My fnp tac 45 took a dump (unsupported case blow out) and sent it in, they told me they were replacing it with a new fnx tac. This was 2 months ago.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 2:55:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
My fnp tac 45 took a dump (unsupported case blow out) and sent it in, they told me they were replacing it with a new fnx tac. This was 2 months ago.
View Quote

Took 3 months to get my mags. You'll get your stick next year
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 8:54:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same thing happened to my FNP tactical 45.
I had to pay return shipping ( brand new gun ) and FN had it for a while and once I got it back I promptly test fired it and sold it.

I wanted to like it but it was the absolute worse new handgun purchase and customer service experience bar none.

Mine~
http://fnforum.net/forums/fn-fnp/28902-well-i-had-kaboom-my-new-fmp-45-a.html

Similar~

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_2/375427_FNP_45_KABOOM_at_the_range__w__Pics.html
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 9:34:49 PM EDT
[#11]
I have the FNP in .45acp & mine has been 100%. Crazy accurate too.  
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 11:01:47 PM EDT
[#12]

I have a FNP-40 and a FNP-45 and they both have worked great.  I picked up a factory threaded barrel for the .45 and shoot it suppressed now and it is still 100% so I guess I got a good one.  I do make sure to never shoot any +P ammo in it as I have read about the unsupported chamber and don't want a Kaboom.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:22:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Do you guys know if the FNP and FNX use the same sights.  I wanted to update my old FNP 9 but not sure what fits.
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top