Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Posted: 11/11/2015 3:46:33 PM EDT
I've had my FNX-45 Tactical for around a year and finally decided to grab an RMR to go with it. After installing, the tall sights just seem to be in the way. This is a range toy, so I don't really care about it co-witnessing, so I decide to remove the sites.

Front sight comes off fine and so does the back one. But gee, look there's a spring under the back one. From what I've read, it's a firing plate spring.

So the question is, do I need to need to have it there, and if not, is it safe to not have it there?
Link Posted: 11/15/2015 5:09:27 PM EDT
[#1]
seriously?
there are NO spare parts in there.
Link Posted: 11/15/2015 10:54:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Well... I mean... It's a firing pin safety block so...

That said I mean it's not NEEDED. I would never want to carry the gun "if" you did remove it. It's actually common for Kimber 1911 owners to remove the pin safety block and they make a fiting pin removal kit for the series 80 Colt 1911's so I mean people do it. Normally ONLY on range toys used for shooting matches though.

You could toss on some Trijcon HDs. They would sit lower than the factory sights. They are profiled in such a way that they should fit with the RMR. Then you can remove the RMR if you want to use the irons.

Link Posted: 11/16/2015 8:09:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll throw out the recommendation of shooting it with the RMR first, I didn't like having a red dot on mine, but I know everyone is different.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 8:31:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Buy a set of cheap used or new non night sites for a standard fnx 45. File them down flush to the slide (off the gun of course) and then drift them in. Put on a little paint and there you go a professional looking answer and problem solved.
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top