Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2015 7:49:11 PM EDT
I'm about to buy my first FN pistol tomorrow AM.  Thus far I've been a Sig fan boy and was going to get a P220 Combat TB for the suppressor I'm waiting to get out of jail.  Then I lusted after a HK USP 45 Tactical, but after doing a weeks worth of Web/you tube research. I feel the FN FNX 45 Tactical is the best bang for the buck.

Deciding factors for me were:
15+1 mag capacity
Same thread on barrel as Sig P220 (I will eventually buy a threaded barrel for my existing P220, HK is a Metric left hand thread)
Standard Rail vs. HK proprietary rail
Night Sights
Milled slide for Mini Red Dot (not sure if I'll use it, but it's there)
Felt damn good in my gorilla paw.

I've heard they need some higher powered rounds for break in and I've also heard that some people store them with the slides locked open to loosen up the spring a bit for break in.

What do you guys that have these guns recommend?
What worked for you?
What practice rounds did you find cycled well?
How many rounds do you feel gives them an adequate break in?
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 7:55:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm about to buy my first FN pistol tomorrow AM.  Thus far I've been a Sig fan boy and was going to get a P220 Combat TB for the suppressor I'm waiting to get out of jail.  Then I lusted after a HK USP 45 Tactical, but after doing a weeks worth of Web/you tube research. I feel the FN FNX 45 Tactical is the best bang for the buck.

Deciding factors for me were:
15+1 mag capacity
Same thread on barrel as Sig P220 (I will eventually buy a threaded barrel for my existing P220, HK is a Metric left hand thread)
Standard Rail vs. HK proprietary rail
Night Sights
Milled slide for Mini Red Dot (not sure if I'll use it, but it's there)
Felt damn good in my gorilla paw.

I've heard they need some higher powered rounds for break in and I've also heard that some people store them with the slides locked open to loosen up the spring a bit for break in.

What do you guys that have these guns recommend?
What worked for you?
What practice rounds did you find cycled well?
How many rounds do you feel gives them an adequate break in?
View Quote

just shoot it with good ammo.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 11:45:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I just shot a couple boxed of wwb and federal.  Break in should just be normal use imo.
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 2:22:55 PM EDT
[#3]

• Clean and lube

• Shoot

• Repeat

Link Posted: 11/6/2015 2:44:38 PM EDT
[#4]
So far I've put about 300 rds of American Eagle and Blazer through it.

American Eagle cycled fine.  Blazer occasionally failed to hold the bolt open on the last round.

In both cases, ammo seems to be ejecting straight up and into the pocket on my t-shirt (free brass catcher I guess).  That seems to be the only thing I'm not thrilled with.  Other than that, the gun is awesome!!

It shoots WAAAY better then me.  Accuracy is great, action is smooth.

Only other comments I have are that mags can get stopped while being inserted.  Seems to me that the mag catch needs to be beveled on the bottom because mags can hang up on them on the way in, and the FDE color shows how dirty the gun is instantly after even a few rounds.

All in all, I'm thrilled with the purchase and would recommend this pistol highly to anyone looking for a suppressor host.
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 2:56:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Mines been 100% reliable from day one. I haven't had that ejection issue mind is throwing them back/right. Really like this gun, just signed form 4's for an Octane .45 this week and the wait is killing me!

Link Posted: 11/7/2015 2:12:55 PM EDT
[#6]
727 rounds should do it.
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 9:04:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
727 rounds should do it.
View Quote

I'm going to do a followup review at 870!
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 8:24:06 AM EDT
[#8]
My 45T has ran flawlessly right out of the box. I have not experienced a single failure with over 2,000 rounds through the barrel. She has not been cleaned and shoots as accurately as the day I put my first round through the barrel.
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top