Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2015 9:16:17 PM EDT
I've been looking at getting a new pistol and was thinking about trying out an Fn this time around. I looked at the five-seven and I can't see why it cost so much it felt cheaper than a glock, is it really as good as everyone says it is? Also how is the fns 9 compact?
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 11:22:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I've been looking at getting a new pistol and was thinking about trying out an Fn this time around. I looked at the five-seven and I can't see why it cost so much it felt cheaper than a glock, is it really as good as everyone says it is? Also how is the fns 9 compact?
View Quote

Why does the 5.7 cost so much....because people are paying the price. They are charging what the market will bear.

My .02, it's DAMN GOOD!

Almost zero recoil
Weighs fully loaded with 21 rounds less than a Glock 17 does EMPTY!
If you do your part, it's a 100 yard capable handgun
I run Elite Ammunition S4M in mine, it's rated at 2,600 fps out of the 5.7
Almost fully ambidextrous (except the slide release)
The caliber has more controversy than any other round, yet the U.S. Secret Service trusts it to protect the POTUS
I REALLY like where the safety is located, some don't. I find it very natural to swipe it off during my draw

Down sides...
A GOOD defense round is SS198, a good practice round is SS197. BUT SS197 shoots 4" lower at 25 yds than SS198
SS197 and Federal American Eagle are both loaded by Fiocchi in Ozark, MO. Their QA/QC leaves a LOT to be desired (and I'm being kind)
All other 5.7X28 that is FN labeled is manufactured in Belgium to much higher standards.
It's tricky to reload but not impossible for an experienced reloader.
Use ONLY factory FN magazines
I can't recommend leather holsters due to the design of the pistol
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 4:32:11 AM EDT
[#2]
After looking at them more it's seems odd that they don't come from the factory with a threaded barrel for a can.
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 10:41:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Apparently they do offer them with threaded factory barrels but ONLY to L.E. agencies. There are several aftermarket threaded barrels available.
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 11:38:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Holy shit  $300 for a barrel (just found the barrels). How much do you know about the fns 9c?
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 11:54:49 AM EDT
[#5]
My son had one, he liked it quite a bit.
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 12:03:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Think it would make a good host for a suppressor?
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 12:25:09 AM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Apparently they do offer them with threaded factory barrels but ONLY to L.E. agencies. There are several aftermarket threaded barrels available.
View Quote
I think that was originally. The factory barrels are Rare. Many have stated FN said they will offer a threaded barrel for it finally this coming year..

Link Posted: 11/2/2015 8:12:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Well that would be nice for fn to offer the barrels for everyone else.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 3:00:07 AM EDT
[#9]
not sure about the FNS 9 but I love my FNX 45, it is big for carry unless its winter, but shoots better than my other 45s. I carry it in the bush and keep it by the bed, it shoots better than I do.

Currently looking at an FN 5.7 and was about to do it, but my bastard Fridge shit the bed and im gonna be a few bucke poorer now

racist fridge
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 3:05:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Why does the 5.7 cost so much....because people are paying the price. They are charging what the market will bear.

My .02, it's DAMN GOOD!

Almost zero recoil
The caliber has more controversy than any other round, yet the U.S. Secret Service trusts it to protect the POTUS
I REALLY like where the safety is located, some don't. I find it very natural to swipe it off during my draw

Down sides...
A GOOD defense round is SS198, a good practice round is SS197. BUT SS197 shoots 4" lower at 25 yds than SS198
SS197 and Federal American Eagle are both loaded by Fiocchi in Ozark, MO. Their QA/QC leaves a LOT to be desired (and I'm being kind)
All other 5.7X28 that is FN labeled is manufactured in Belgium to much higher standards.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My .02, it's DAMN GOOD!

Almost zero recoil

Down sides...

Where do you get S4M? Elite is out, has been out for forty days and nights.  Any suggestions?
google has failed me
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 11:41:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Where do you get S4M? Elite is out, has been out for forty days and nights.  Any suggestions?
google has failed me
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My .02, it's DAMN GOOD!

Almost zero recoil

Down sides...

google has failed me

Checking their web site NUMEROUS times a day for weeks! I was able to snag a whopping 25 rounds of it
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 8:42:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes.  It is as good as everyone says it is.

Absolutely love shooting my USG.  Virtually no recoil and super accurate.  It makes for a great carry weapon also.
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 8:52:18 AM EDT
[#13]
What is the difference between the FNS series and the FNX series?....other than the price.
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 11:59:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
What is the difference between the FNS series and the FNX series?....other than the price.
View Quote

Striker and Hammer.

I'd say the 5.7 because it's the most unique and pretty badass. Close second goes to the FNX 45 Tactical. 3rd goes to the FNS 9 Compact.
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 12:07:13 PM EDT
[#15]
FNX .45 Tac

/thread
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 12:22:43 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Checking their web site NUMEROUS times a day for weeks! I was able to snag a whopping 25 rounds of it

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My .02, it's DAMN GOOD!

Almost zero recoil

Down sides...

google has failed me

I've got like 200 rounds of it from back when I shot 5.7 a lot.

Link Posted: 11/10/2015 5:44:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My .02, it's DAMN GOOD!

Almost zero recoil

I like mt 5.7 why does it cost so much well get the adjustable sights and shoot a 30" group at 200 yards with it - it might help you to understand,  

Down sides...

google has failed me

Link Posted: 11/15/2015 8:36:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Love my 57.

Link Posted: 11/20/2015 9:11:49 PM EDT
[#19]
I just need a holster for it with a front grip.  

Link Posted: 11/20/2015 9:54:29 PM EDT
[#20]
5-7
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 1:41:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I just need a holster for it with a front grip.  

View Quote

I hope that's registered as an AOW....

ATF has long held that by installing a vertical fore grip on a handgun, the handgun is no longer designed to be held and fired by the use of a single hand. Therefore, if individuals install a vertical fore grip on a handgun, they are “making” a firearm requiring registration with ATF’s NFA Branch. Making an unregistered “AOW” is punishable by a fine and 10 years’ imprisonment. Additionally, possession of an unregistered “AOW” is also punishable by fine and 10 years’ imprisonment.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 4:25:55 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

ATF has long held that by installing a vertical fore grip on a handgun, the handgun is no longer designed to be held and fired by the use of a single hand. Therefore, if individuals install a vertical fore grip on a handgun, they are "making” a firearm requiring registration with ATF’s NFA Branch. Making an unregistered "AOW” is punishable by a fine and 10 years’ imprisonment. Additionally, possession of an unregistered "AOW” is also punishable by fine and 10 years’ imprisonment.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

ATF has long held that by installing a vertical fore grip on a handgun, the handgun is no longer designed to be held and fired by the use of a single hand. Therefore, if individuals install a vertical fore grip on a handgun, they are "making” a firearm requiring registration with ATF’s NFA Branch. Making an unregistered "AOW” is punishable by a fine and 10 years’ imprisonment. Additionally, possession of an unregistered "AOW” is also punishable by fine and 10 years’ imprisonment.
Rekt

Link Posted: 11/21/2015 7:31:17 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Rekt  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Rekt  

Its not an AOW.  Its a stamped SBR.

Back to the topic.  You can slap a RMR on a FNX Tactical, but you can get a SBR chassis for a Five seveN and put any optic on it.  

Link Posted: 11/21/2015 7:36:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Damn. Now I want a FiveseveN again.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 10:40:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Now I've seen it all lol a 5.7 sbr lol. Now I finally got to shoot an fns 9 and I liked it but does the slide have enough meat to cut it for an rmr? And how much do the threaded barrels run? I heard fn was gonna sell barrels for them.
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 7:58:56 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Back to the topic.  You can slap a RMR on a FNX Tactical, but you can get a SBR chassis for a Five seveN and put any optic on it.  
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn216/jff24gordn/D4E470BD-4008-4949-AE14-42E39BF5FFB6_zpsaniypgly.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Rekt  

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn216/jff24gordn/D4E470BD-4008-4949-AE14-42E39BF5FFB6_zpsaniypgly.jpg

Hello quasi MP7!

Me likely!
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 8:47:43 PM EDT
[#27]
The 5.7 is one of my favorite handguns to shoot.  I wish I had one but a close family member does so I get to enjoy one whenever I want.
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 9:00:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
FNX .45 Tac

This!

/thread
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/15/2016 8:07:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rekt  

For fucks sakes!!! I need to spend $2k on a handgun like a hole in the head...THANKS!
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top