Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2015 11:03:10 AM EDT
Does anybody know if magazines for a FNP 40 will work in a FNS40?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 6:04:50 PM EDT
[#1]
They won't. The lockup is completely different. FNP mags have cutouts where-as FNS mags have a tab that sticks out and locks into the gun.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 11:29:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Is there an engineering reason for the different cutouts?
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 5:56:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm going to guess easier design for the full time ambi mag release instead of switching the button from one side or the other like most other manufactures.  David
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 1:32:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I'm going to guess easier design for the full time ambi mag release instead of switching the button from one side or the other like most other manufactures.  David
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. Beretta is using the same style lockup on their new APX or whatever, which has an ambi mag release.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 10:34:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Ok, just so long as it's not a gimmick to make us buy more mags
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 10:30:35 PM EDT
[#6]
The mag difference is entirely between the mag catch difference.  It would have been nice if they would have made the FNS mags to work in all.  The FNX and FNS magazines are supposed to be the same.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 12:56:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The mag difference is entirely between the mag catch difference.  It would have been nice if they would have made the FNS mags to work in all.  The FNX and FNS magazines are supposed to be the same.
View Quote

Negative.  Fnx and fns mags aren't compatible, I tried the other day.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 5:05:51 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I believe the .40 FNX/FNS mags are interchangeable.

The 9mms are not though...

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:12:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Slightly off topic, but anyone looking for FN 45 magazines, MIDWAYUSA has them on sale $39.99!!! Go get them! I got 2 of them,15 rounds FDE and they will be delivered on Monday!
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 8:57:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is correct.  The 9MM mags will not interchange.  The .40's do.  I have no idea why,  and I have no idea why I left that detail out.
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top