Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2014 11:25:45 PM EDT
So every time I see a review of the FNS, or someone mentions it, the super-thin barrel always pops up as a negative, as well as FTF's, FTE's etc... Half the time I don't believe a lot of what is said simply because the people saying them are die hard Glock fanboys and will do anything to bash any other gun. Is the thin barrel on the FNS 9mm something to worry about, or did FN simply find a way to make the barrel better without having all the excess weight?
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:14:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Good question. I would like to hear what the problem with a thin barrel is? I do have a aftermarket barrel for my Glock and it is thicker then OEM so it adds weight. But is the thin barrel a safety issue? FNH has been in the firearms market for many years. So I would hope they know a thing or two about barrel thickness. Yes the barrel looks thinner then a Glock barrel, but for me as long as it is accurate and does not break apart all is good.

Some people as you say are all ways looking to rip new things apart.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:58:01 AM EDT
[#2]
I haven't had any issues with mine, either in accuracy or reliability.

USSA-1
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 5:30:59 PM EDT
[#3]
The FNS I had was a great gun.  No malfunctions in over 1500 rounds.  The only reason I got rid of it is because I couldn't get the trigger pull under 7.5 pounds.  I still have a FNX.  If FN could ever get the trigger pull under 6 pounds would get another tomorrow.  I  don't see what the issue is with the thin barrel.  People pay extra to get a pencil barrel on an AR     David
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 4:58:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

So every time I see a review of the FNS, or someone mentions it, the super-thin barrel always pops up as a negative, as well as FTF's, FTE's etc... Half the time I don't believe a lot of what is said simply because the people saying them are die hard Glock fanboys and will do anything to bash any other gun. Is the thin barrel on the FNS 9mm something to worry about, or did FN simply find a way to make the barrel better without having all the excess weight?
View Quote

Might be something with the cold hammer forged barrels that makes the stronger without needing be as thick?
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top