Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Site Notices
Posted: 6/9/2014 11:15:17 AM EDT
When I bought the gun it came with non adjustable sights. I was shooting the 40grain ammo. It was so far off I called FN. They told me it was sighted  for the 27 grain ammo. I tried it snd was dead on. Now it doesn't appear they make the 27 grain ammo anymore. Any suggestions.
JR
It kind of ticks me off they would sight it with the 27 grain.
Link Posted: 6/9/2014 8:46:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Now it doesn't appear they make the 27 grain ammo anymore. Any suggestions.

View Quote

You can purchase all the 27 gr SS198 off of Gunbroker that your wallet will support.
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 2:55:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I had the same gun and if I remember right the 27gr was a dead hold over and the 40gr was a 6 o'clock hold. Took very little time to get used to it and I was hitting soda cans at 100yds. Pretty much the one gun I regrett selling. I will buy another one but probably not till next year.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 2:14:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I usually shoot 6 o'clock. At 50 feet was hitting 4 inchs low with 40 and  bullseye with 27 grain.
Jr
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 10:23:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Thats the problem with fixed sights on the five seven . SS197 and AE will be close POI,  SS195 will be a tad lower POI , ss198 , ss190 should be POA/POI. You will have to compensate or get adjustable sight or red dot mount
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top