BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 10:08:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By M4:

I have to agree. First off, it's an extremely well built gun. When you hold it and really check it out, it looks like it will last well beyond my lifetime. Solid stainless across the board means it has weight to it, but it's truly beautifully made. The 4th Gen of the Mark series is without question the best of them. The take down being way up there, but beyond that, it's a beautiful pistol and I don't use adjectives like that for guns very often.

My one gripe is the all black front sight that gets lost on dark targets. I'll be swapping that out for something more functional, but that's minor stuff.

I don't know much about Volquartsen's options but I know their reputation. I'll check it out.

As an aside, I learned that way back when Ruger first introduced the Mark series, it was born from the inspiration of WWII bring backs of the German Luger and the Japanese Nambu pistols. That design heritage is very evident too and better than both by a long shot.

Kind of interesting.
View Quote

feels good means alot in a pistol that suits you.
my first good pistol was a mk1 4.75 taper. it was a great gun but when the mk2 2245 came it felt better to me and I hit better with it. I now run a mk4 2245
with my sparrow and I don't think there's anything better for my purposes.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 10:18:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By backbencher:

Dude, it didn't improve on the Luger.  Ruger copied the grip angle and overall look to make a cheap .22 target pistol.  You can't really compare a civilian .22 target pistol w/ a military 9mm combat pistol that was adopted by militaries around the world in its day.
View Quote

I will add, I'm not a bill ruger fan boy (20rd mini14 mags for all!)
but he ate colts and high standards lunch with a pistol that cost 30+% for decades. it had the general appearance of 2 guns used by our mortal enemies in ww2 so everytime you saw it or shot it you remembered that we saved the world from tyrants.

for awhile
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 10:26:13 PM EDT
[#3]

lusted for awhile for this.
then I bought a upper from wirthwein that had a 5.5 inch bull barrel and cut/crowned/threaded 3inch.
add farrow tech and holosun 508t.
it rocks and with a sparrow is soft-spoken.

im readying another 5.5 that only gets a farrow tech and holo407c and will use it for a loud range toy at indoor and outdoor ranges.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 10:27:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I think the Victory is a fantastic pistol and a great suppressor host.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 10:31:53 PM EDT
[#5]

this is cool.
with a flat top no sights and a dot plate as low mounted on the back as possible. perfect
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 11:02:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By M4:

Suggestions?

View Quote

Get a 4.5 inch barrel. You can run full power loads and they will be subsonic. It increases reliability.

Have the internals Cerakoted. It helps.

Buy all the spare parts you can, now. There are parts for mine that nobody makes now, not even Ruger.

I have two Ruger Mk IIs. They run like raped apes, and can punch a pumpkin at 50M.
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 11:14:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AJE] [#7]
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 4:54:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By shortround:

Right after the Mark V
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By shortround:
Originally Posted By backbencher:
When did Ruger come out w/ the Mk 6?

Right after the Mark V

Wait!!! What!!!!???
Last I heard was the IV.
Where have I been and why wasn't I notified???
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 4:53:57 PM EDT
[#9]
I tend to grab my tx22c more than anything else
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top