Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2016 4:02:38 PM EDT
Just finished a 3 1/2" Pac-Lite/Volquartsen. I shot it before bobbing the barrel and it was a great shooter so I'm hoping for the same come this Tuesday night. It's a bobbed Pac-Lite barrel with a Volquartsen 1911 style target frame. The bolt is from a Ruger MKII and the main spring housing assembly is of Ruger MKIII origin. Total weight with a empty magazine is 25 ounces. I stole the grip frame from a MKII upper that got put on the Ruger 22/45 grip frame that this was to originally going to go on. Overal it's a nice lite weight gun with a solid well balanced feel.

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:56:23 AM EDT
[#1]
They should make one threaded at that length
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 6:02:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks like a fun little gun! Let us know how it shoots.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 12:16:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They should make one threaded at that length
View Quote

First I shot CCI Velocitors and as usual they cycled as they always have in any gun I have put them in along with MiniMags, CCI Blazers, Federal HV Target. I then loaded up some Norma TAC 22 and everything really fell in line. 15 yard groups off hand were a constant 1" with the gun really running smooth like it was designed for this ammo in advance. I then ran some CCI Standard Velocity through it and it was almost on par with the Norma. Then came time for the subsonic ammo. I shot Augila Super Extra Subsonic first and not impressed. Inconstant power up and down. I was quite surprised. I even broke the gun down once to ensure there wasn't a bullet in the barrel. Remington 40gr. Sub's ran well except always had trouble with the last two rounds in the magazine. Federal 45gr. Suppressors ran as well as the Norma TAC22 and seems to in all guns. I then pull out the heavy weight the Augila 60gr. SSS. I didn't know what to expect so I shot it at 7 yards. No signs of keyholing and cycling was excellent. Group size was around 1 1/4" so I imagine the flight path was a little on the fragile side. Over all I was quite pleased with the gun and I'm sure after a little break in for the PAC-Lite things will only improve.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top