Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2016 3:18:45 PM EDT
I have a couple M&P 22 compacts that I want to run my soon to arrive Tacsol suppressor on. However, The Silencer Shop told me that the M&P does not hold up well with a suppressor attached due to the design and that the frame or slide will fail eventually. They told me to purchase a Ruger 22/45 to run a suppressor. Does anyone have experience running a suppressor on an M&P?
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 12:36:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I've easily close to two thousand rounds through my M&P22C with no issues whatsoever.
All suppressed; the Element never comes off (other than to be cleaned.)

First I've heard of any such silliness.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 12:59:12 PM EDT
[#2]
That is by far one of the most retarded things I have heard.

The M&P22 of all variants makes an awesome suppressor host.

Link Posted: 9/16/2016 4:02:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Did Smith and Wesson tick off silencer shop like Silencerco?
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 7:45:22 PM EDT
[#4]
No issues with mine either.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 9:23:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I hope that isn't true because my Ryder 22S doesn't come off my 22c.

If it cracks I will make S&W fix it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 9:26:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No issues with mine either.
View Quote

Yep love mine
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 12:03:58 AM EDT
[#7]
If you do decide to get a 22/45 I wouldn't get the LITE model. I absolutely hated mine with a passion, constant FTE and the accuracy wasn't very good either. Takedown was a major PITA and the controls are weird on it.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 1:35:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If you do decide to get a 22/45 I wouldn't get the LITE model. I absolutely hated mine with a passion, constant FTE and the accuracy wasn't very good either. Takedown was a major PITA and the controls are weird on it.
View Quote

I like my lite.

This will be my exact set-up when my can clears.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 2:27:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Did you specifically say the compact? Because they may have thought you were asking about the full sized M&P 22 which is made from the same zinc alloy that the walther p22 is made of. While not every p22 has had the slide crack, it can happen, and when it does, it doesnt look pretty.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 6:20:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Lifetime warranty, and S&W sold the gun as suppressor ready, so not too worried about it.
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 11:13:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Did you specifically say the compact? Because they may have thought you were asking about the full sized M&P 22 which is made from the same zinc alloy that the walther p22 is made of. While not every p22 has had the slide crack, it can happen, and when it does, it doesnt look pretty.
View Quote

According to the S&W factory website, the material for the full size M&P 22 is 'aluminum, aerospace alloy'.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top