Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2016 7:03:37 PM EDT
Earlier today I was at the range to shoot my carry gun, while talking to one of the guys that work there I decided to run 100 rounds through a buckmark that they have for rent. Maybe it was just a problem with that specific guns, but I wasn't impressed. Several stovepipes, one round jammed while loading, and one round stuck in the chamber and I had to take it to them to remove. I might have made it through one mag without an issue. The accuracy was good, but I just wasn't impressed by the experience.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 8:28:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Allow me to opine that the rental had neither been cleaned in a year nor probably had a drop of oil on it.  
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 9:04:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Allow me to opine that the rental had neither been cleaned in a year nor probably had a drop of oil on it.  
View Quote

It may have very worn springs as well.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 9:12:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a buck mark and have not experience any of that. I love mine.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 1:29:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Given their popularity I figured it was an issue with that gun, not an indictment of the model.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 4:15:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Buckmarks are normally quite reliable.  That said they do tend to require a little more TLC than Rugers.  Probably just a tired rental gun.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 5:42:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Range rental .22s aren't representative of privately owned and maintained pistols.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 10:16:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 10:58:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All of this.  

Mine is a tack driver and never gives me issue.  

But it sits in the dark safe since my 617 arrived.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 10:19:29 PM EDT
[#9]
My Buckmark stays clean. I usually have 2 or 3 150 round range outings between any failure. Usually a fail to fire/soft strike. The first few hundred rounds allowed me to find that it does not like waxy ammo. It gums up with it. The magazine's are sensitive to gunk build-up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top