Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/21/2016 9:46:50 AM EDT
Just bought a brand new GSG 1911-22.  Put a CW accessories "exoskeleton" slide on it.   Haven't had it out to the range yet, have been checking function at home.

If I hand cycle the slide and run the orange plastic "snap cap" that came with the pistol from the magazine into the chamber and then out,  it ejects perfectly (and strong, flings it across the room).  

If I cycle actual live .22lr rounds from magazine into chamber and then out, they don't eject clear of the gun - they either just dribble out of the chamber and sit on top of the magazine or only are partially extracted from the chamber.

Is this normal?  Does the GSG 1911 need the actual impulse of firing to fully eject a round?  Are live rounds too heavy for the extractor/ejector, and only expended/empty cases actually get tossed clear of the gun?

Link Posted: 6/22/2016 12:21:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I've had two that were both moody when they were new. I haven't checked out that custom slide, but if I were you I would just shoot a ton of rounds through it and hopefully break it in a little.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 12:05:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Just a guess here, but those BIG HEAVY bullets for cartridge size are probably the issue, once the bullet leaves the case I think you will not have any problems. I like my GSG!!! Shoot some rounds and then report back on it!
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 8:13:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Reporting back after range trip - no failures to eject whatsoever, so sitting at home dicking with manually cycling rounds is no predictor of actual range performance.

Did have about two failures to feed (failure to strip new round from magazine) out of about 10+ mags run through it - may be a mag issue, I'll mark my mags and pay more attention next range trip.

Happy with the GSG and CWA slide so far.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top