Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2016 9:18:56 AM EDT
Looking at three guns right now but feel free to add any that meet the criteria.  
sw m&p 22
SW m &p compact 22
Ruger 22/45 light
Primarily the gun will be used for plinking but would also serve as a shtf backpack gun and if PA ever changes their no semi auto's for hunting it would also be used for that.  Of course reliability is the number one but its followed closely by accuracy.  Want to keep the gun under 400 which these three can be found for that.
Thanks
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 9:26:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm very happy with the 22/45s and aftermarket for them.
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 10:20:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

This, FPNI
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 2:38:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

This, FPNI
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This, FPNI

Leaning that way as I figured the ruger would be the most accurate
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 8:14:04 PM EDT
[#4]
This one is mine. Highly, highly accurate.

Link Posted: 5/9/2016 12:43:30 AM EDT
[#5]
The Walther PPKs 22 surprised the hell out of me. I have not had one FTF, FTE or any malfunction of any kind suppressed or unsuppressed.

That's pretty amazing for a rimfire pistol after shooting over a thousand rounds if you ask me. It's also James Bond cool.

Link Posted: 5/9/2016 12:49:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
This one is mine. Highly, highly accurate.
View Quote

That is a great firearm.  Mine is also a factory suppressor ready model, but with a 4 &3/8" barrel.
It is listed as a Browning BuckMark Micro Bull SR NS URX 4.4"
Removed the mag disconnector and did the spring flip for a short  2.5 #  trigger.

Link Posted: 5/9/2016 12:50:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The Walther PPKs 22 surprised the hell out of me. I have not had one FTF, FTE or any malfunction of any kind suppressed or unsuppressed.

That's pretty amazing for a rimfire pistol after shooting over a thousand rounds if you ask me. It's also James Bond cool.

http://i1318.photobucket.com/albums/t656/AlamTX/Handguns/83a65ad1-3bf4-4a86-bb5e-c272c457efc3_zpsz88hz57m.jpg

View Quote

Are the sights even visible over the silencer tube? I like the ppk but guessing where it'll hit isn't my thing.
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 1:32:10 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Are the sights even visible over the silencer tube? I like the ppk but guessing where it'll hit isn't my thing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i1318.photobucket.com/albums/t656/AlamTX/Handguns/83a65ad1-3bf4-4a86-bb5e-c272c457efc3_zpsz88hz57m.jpg

They clear it by an ass hair.

It's a lot more fun to shoot than I expected to be.

Accuracy is not an issue.

Link Posted: 5/9/2016 9:40:50 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View Quote

Oh, that is just hotter than doughnut grease!
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 11:06:18 PM EDT
[#10]
My Sig 1911-22 is my go to host. It balances well, never fails and the sights clear it with room to spare. My first host was a 22/45 Lite, but I did not like how light it was. To me, it did not balance well with a supressor. Sold it. Also have a steel 22/45 and Browning 1911-22, but as mentioned, the Sig gets the most range time.

Link Posted: 5/13/2016 11:34:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
My Sig 1911-22 is my go to host. It balances well, never fails and the sights clear it with room to spare. My first host was a 22/45 Lite, but I did not like how light it was. To me, it did not balance well with a supressor. Sold it. Also have a steel 22/45 and Browning 1911-22, but as mentioned, the Sig gets the most range time.

http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b521/JoeBud7/F0CC29F9-EC5B-4DB7-B48B-40861E59A831_zpszwx9o9iz.jpg
View Quote

My stamp just got approved so I am waiting to attach my suppressor to my Colt 1911 rail gun.  Can't wait!
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 5:48:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Once the stamp comes in, my hosts will be my S&W 2206, S&W Victory w/carbon fiber VQ barrel, and my 10/22 with the Kidd sleeved aluminum barrel.
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 9:35:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 4:16:01 AM EDT
[#14]
I was in the same boat recently..I went with the S&W victory with a threaded barrel.  Partly an impulse buy as I have a camping trip coming up and I wanted to bring a surpassed pistol with me.  What I like about it:
1)  Factory threaded barrel
2)  Easy takedown via a single takedown screw that separates the barrel from the frame.  This is great as it makes cleaning pretty easy, and since I will be shooting this a lot since it's a suppressor host thats important to me.
3)  It's got some weight/heft to it..
4) Trigger...trigger is pretty good for an out of the box trigger on a 22 rf pistol at this price point.  Not great good, but I find it far better than the ruger MK triggers.

What I don't like:

I think it's rather ugly, the lines/angles just seem off to me but it's not that big of a deal.
There are reports of the takedown screw coming loose with shooting but there are ways of dealing with that.  I've probably got 500 rounds through mine so far and did not have that issue.  The opposite really. It was on so tight I had to have a gunsmith deal with it.

I did look at other firearms, including ruger...

22/45 lite: just too light
22/45:  meh...really just didn't stand up and say "buy me"
I would like to own some ruger MK variant suppressed.  I may just end up sending my MKIII hunter out for threading, but that would make for one hell of a long handgun with a suppressor on it.

Browning Buckmark: I really want one...and later on down the road will probably get one of the suppressor ready field target models if I find one.

Other offerings, such as the PPK 22, etc sound interesting, but I just did not see any in the stores.  

Link Posted: 5/16/2016 11:30:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 2:03:07 PM EDT
[#16]
I have the ppk/s as well as a buckmark, and the AA .22lr kit for the Glock.  I haven't had any issues w/the either the Buckmark w/tac sol barrel or the ppk/s.  The AA kit has been inconsistent at best, but I did get some troubleshooting advice off here, that I haven't tried yet.  The ppk/s is just really fun to shoot, and then the whole James Bond thing too.

Pick of ppk/s with Sparrow.

</a>" />

I did upgrade the grips to wooden ones, b/c the plastic ones feel really cheap.  

Grips
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 8:08:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Bought a 22/45 threaded.  No sights but was going to probably do a optic anyhow and I got what I considered to be a real good price on the gun.  Spent last two days going over optics till my head hurt.  Leaning toward a Bushnell TRS 25 anyone have one of these on a rimfire pistol
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top