Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2016 3:42:15 PM EDT
Need some ideas from those w/ more experience than I.

I have a relatively new browning buckmark .22lr that misfeeds the last round from every magazine. Two different magazines, same problem.

Last round stovepipes... using blazer LRN ammo

Ideas? Weak magazine springs?
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 4:00:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a a buckmark and it seems to really not like the Blazer stuff. Experienced the same issues. I don't know what it is about those bullets. It seems to have gotten a little better the more I've shot it

These brands all work for me, with and without suppressor:

Federal Automatch

Federal standard

CCI standard velocity, Stingers and sub-sonic HPs

Remington golden bullets and Remington LRN(a little different from the golden bullets),and Remington Yellow Jackets

Norma USA standard velocity LRN( these are kind of so-so but work more often then not)

Winchester Standard velocity

I have had pretty consistent issues shooting :

Blazer

Eley target( but I think the stuff I have it made for bolt guns)

Link Posted: 4/2/2016 9:25:13 PM EDT
[#2]
My Buckmark eats Blazer like candy. I vote too weak mag spring. Buy a new mag & see what happens, IMO.

My .o2

P.S. add a tiny drop of oil on the feed ramp to help feeding.
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 12:41:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Every 22 is an entity unto itself regarding ammo preferences for function and accuracy. Before messing with the gun try different ammo and see what you get. I have seen two 22's of the exact same model show preferences in reliability and accuracy for different brands and types of ammo
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 6:37:40 AM EDT
[#4]
will be back to the range on tuesday-- my lovely wife bought me a membership to a local shooting club for my 50th b-day.

I have noticed that the mag springs in my .22/45 are much stronger. I may disassemble both types on magazine and see if I can swap the springs as a test.

The misfeed on the last round is very consistent and happens w/ both of my browning magazines-- very annoying!

I will try different ammo too...

I like the browning, it is very accurate but I hate guns that aren't reliable...

eta: the springs on the .22/45 mags are about 3" longer but otherwise compatible. I've swapped one set and will see how/if things change
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 8:45:59 AM EDT
[#5]
A POS Buckmark is what caused me to hate Browning forever and ever.  

Sure, a gun manufacturer can put out a dog every now and then.  It's how they behave when the customer calls for help.

Just say no to Browning.  Same category as Taurus, as far as I am concerned.
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 9:07:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A POS Buckmark is what caused me to hate Browning forever and ever.  

Sure, a gun manufacturer can put out a dog every now and then.  It's how they behave when the customer calls for help.

Just say no to Browning.  Same category as Taurus, as far as I am concerned.
View Quote

gee! tell us how you really feel!

Any ideas on how to help? besides setting it on fire or throwing it down the driveway.....
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 9:12:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have a a buckmark and it seems to really not like the Blazer stuff. Experienced the same issues. I don't know what it is about those bullets. It seems to have gotten a little better the more I've shot it

These brands all work for me, with and without suppressor:

Federal Automatch

Federal standard

CCI standard velocity, Stingers and sub-sonic HPs

Remington golden bullets and Remington LRN(a little different from the golden bullets),and Remington Yellow Jackets

Norma USA standard velocity LRN( these are kind of so-so but work more often then not)

Winchester Standard velocity

I have had pretty consistent issues shooting :

Blazer

Eley target( but I think the stuff I have it made for bolt guns)
View Quote

Same problems with my Buckmark. doesn't like CCI too much.
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 9:41:03 AM EDT
[#8]
That's odd .... I have one that is about 25 years old and I have never cleaned it seriously has probably 10-15,000rds on it .... Carbon caked everywhere and I can't recall ever having a malfunction in this Buckmark .... I run a bore snake through it and oil it but that's it
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 8:10:28 PM EDT
[#9]
That sounds like a weak magazine spring problem regardless f the fact that two magazines are involved.

Both magazines seem to be falling behind the slide under the low compression of the last round.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 2:24:15 PM EDT
[#10]
swapping the mag springs solved the problem.

I'm just going to put in ruger springs instead of the shorter, softer browning springs
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 3:31:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
swapping the mag springs solved the problem.

I'm just going to put in ruger springs instead of the shorter, softer browning springs
View Quote

Good to know. If I ever have that problem I'll remember that.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 9:13:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Contact Browning. Mine was having some feeding issues where the trigger wouldn't reset between rounds.  I also had a blemished slide and thumbsafety so I just sent the gun back.  It came back with a better trigger, new thumbsafety, and slide.  It runs awesome now.  Love it.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:32:46 AM EDT
[#13]
I discovered that the Buckmark mags get dirty very quickly. Same as the gun for me. Especially with lead pills. As long as they are both clean, no problems. Load 9 bullets and see if there is still good tension and quick "push" when you release the load assist pin (or whatever it is called). If it slowly pushes the bullets up, no workie for me. Loctite on the screws is a must. Mine eats small red dot sights for some reason. Can't really blame the gun for that. The price of the sights does not seem to matter either. I have learned to love the sights on the aftermarket pic rail sight base. I forget what brand it is.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 10:53:11 PM EDT
[#14]
I've run 500 rds through my buck mark since getting it back from Browning and haven't had a single failure.  It's filthy and still feeding like a pig.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 7:22:47 PM EDT
[#15]
update to my OP, I swapped out the mag springs w/ new 22/45 springs from brownells and the pistol performs perfectly (except for the screws loosening up!

much better than before!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top