Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2016 10:10:58 PM EDT
I am looking for a rim fire suppressor host. (I have an AAC Element 2 coming) I handled the SW Victory the other day and it feels heavy. ( I already have a Mark 2 Bull) I like the Ruger Lite but I do not like the color anodized models that are current. The 3906 doesn't really appeal to me either. A discontinued model has caught my eye but I am having trouble finding one. It is the 22/45 Model 3903. Are there any other options such as an after market lite barrel for the Ruger? (I already have a WTB ad in the EE)

Model 3903
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 10:18:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 10:23:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Ruger parts website... currently OOS though  
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 7:09:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I was in the same boat as you.  I have a Bull Barrel Mark II at least 20 years old that shoot great.  But have a Dead Air Mask on the way and needed a threaded host.  Looked closely at the 22/45.

In the end, I decided to buy a Volquartsen LLV upper for my Mark II.  It is threaded and comes with a picatinny rail.  Added a $25 Volquartsen sear to the Ruger lower as well.

Just an option that ended up being cheaper than a new 22/45.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 8:02:25 PM EDT
[#4]
This black shark fin Lite barrel just caught my eye...  only $199.  Now I'm tempted, even though another .22 pistol is the last thing i need.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 11:21:34 PM EDT
[#5]
That Black Shark looks cool and I might have jumped on it if I hadn't found what I was looking for. I got a message from my EE WTB ad from someone who has the 3903 that I was looking for. It is a new old stock factory blem with some of the most common upgrades already included. (The LCI filler, trigger bushing and Volquartsen sear) All for the price of a current stock "colored barrel" model.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:36:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Local shop had a LITE with the fish gill cuts that was black but it had a "muddy girl" frame. I really like the new slotted cuts they did but it's "OD" aka baby poop green.

I have a blue fish gill and I think it looks horrible.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 7:01:49 PM EDT
[#7]
FWIW I was looking for the same model 22/45 Lite, the one with the fluted black barrel, mostly for aesthetic reasons, but after some googling I found that some of the older models, that one included, were prone to leading under sustained rapid fire:

http://www.utahconcealedcarry.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18389

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=470508

There's a lot more threads like that if you google "22/45 lite leading." The fluted black model does seem like one of the ones affected and although I'm sure there are plenty of people who have those models who haven't experienced significant leading I just didn't want to take the risk. The problem is allegedly caused by heat being trapped around the barrel and supposedly that's why the new models (the blue, green, and red ones) have significant venting while the others have been discontinued.
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 7:46:55 PM EDT
[#8]
I bought that exact pistol for my wife.
Mine had issues Ruger made it right.

Have no fear if you find one used.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_5_32/167295_Ruger_customer_service_22_45_lite.html
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 11:58:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Found mine on gunbroker, as soon as i found out they were discontinued I figured i better make the purchase quick.  I cannot understand why ruger would not keep one non-space looking gun in the 22/45 lite lineup.  the cobalt one looks tame by the current offerings and i thought that one had too much going on for my taste.

-Mike
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 8:23:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
FWIW I was looking for the same model 22/45 Lite, the one with the fluted black barrel, mostly for aesthetic reasons, but after some googling I found that some of the older models, that one included, were prone to leading under sustained rapid fire:

http://www.utahconcealedcarry.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18389

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=470508

There's a lot more threads like that if you google "22/45 lite leading." The fluted black model does seem like one of the ones affected and although I'm sure there are plenty of people who have those models who haven't experienced significant leading I just didn't want to take the risk. The problem is allegedly caused by heat being trapped around the barrel and supposedly that's why the new models (the blue, green, and red ones) have significant venting while the others have been discontinued.
View Quote

My MKlll Hunter has a fluted barrel, gets between 200-300 rounds a week through it, and no leading problems whatsoever.
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 4:58:47 PM EDT
[#11]
I bought the Muddy Girl so I could have the black fin upper.  Sold the muddy girl lower on the EE here for $200.  Bought a new all black lower on gunbroker for $200.  Now I have a nice black on black gun, just like Ruger should have made. All internals are now TandemKross or Volquartsen as well.  Favorite handgun right now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top