BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 1/7/2016 5:41:25 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 5:45:04 PM EDT
[#1]
It looks like a cross between a Buckmark and a Model 41.  Very interesting.
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 5:51:28 PM EDT
[#2]
easy to take down
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 5:55:34 PM EDT
[#3]
At about 1:06 a subtle kick at the Ruger MK .22lr pistols.
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 6:09:04 PM EDT
[#4]
WOW, I got rid of my MKIII because it was such a PITA to take apart and clean, but this has a lot of promise.  My safe needs another .22LR !!!
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 6:16:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 7:13:05 PM EDT
[#6]
The camo one on the SW site looks pretty cool.
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 3:37:07 AM EDT
[#7]
I wonder if they'll have plain black sights available.  That might make me want one...  Also, I'd be interested in its 50 yard accuracy.  It looks good.
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 11:29:10 AM EDT
[#8]
While its always nice to see innovation I'm not sure what this does that the 22A doesn't already do.
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 11:48:45 AM EDT
[#9]
There's a stainless and threaded model that's got my attention.  Need a matching host for my white sparrow and there doesn't seem to be much out there that is stainless and threaded.

I wonder if they take the same mags as the M&P 22LR...
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 12:06:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It looks like a cross between a Buckmark and a Model 41.  Very interesting.
View Quote

I was thinking a Buckmark and Ruger Mark II....

LOL

Red

Link Posted: 1/8/2016 12:10:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Wonder if the magazines will work with the ultimate loader that is sweet for the Ruger Mark II mags?

Red

Link Posted: 1/8/2016 12:21:34 PM EDT
[#12]
The grip is kinda funky looking to me. It looks way too much like the 22a grip. It makes the pistol look cheap to me. Probably feels and shoots good though.
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 9:06:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Looks promising, ugly but promising. I had a 22S years ago (my first gun) and it shot very well and had a nice trigger. If they would make the threaded version with a 4"-4.5" barrel to make sure the cheap HV ammo stayed subsonic I will probably try one.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 2:06:29 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

While its always nice to see innovation I'm not sure what this does that the 22A doesn't already do.
View Quote

Allow for threading, which the 22A does not lend itself to with the full-length barrel rib.

I had a 22A for a while. Thought it was a good gun but got rid of it once I got a suppressor.

I think this thing looks great.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 2:25:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Looks promising, ugly but promising. I had a 22S years ago (my first gun) and it shot very well and had a nice trigger. If they would make the threaded version with a 4"-4.5" barrel to make sure the cheap HV ammo stayed subsonic I will probably try one.
View Quote

http://lipseys.com/itemfinder.aspx?mfg=Smith+and+Wesson&family=Victory+Series&model=SW22+Victory&type=Semi-Auto+Pistol&caliber=22+LR

Also, there are Volquartsen Custom barrels available for pre-order.  The Stainless barrel with I-bar fluting is $295! I'll bet it's accurate!
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 9:46:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

http://lipseys.com/itemfinder.aspx?mfg=Smith+and+Wesson&family=Victory+Series&model=SW22+Victory&type=Semi-Auto+Pistol&caliber=22+LR

Also, there are Volquartsen Custom barrels available for pre-order.  The Stainless barrel with I-bar fluting is $295! I'll bet it's accurate!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's a 5.5" barrel, which may not be consistently subsonic with HV ammo
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 1:10:19 PM EDT
[#17]
At least you'll have superb accuracy while being loud and obnoxious!
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 1:14:28 PM EDT
[#18]
buckSMith
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 10:45:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
It looks like a cross between a Buckmark and a Model 41 22A.  Very interesting.
View Quote

Fixed it for you. I like the idea of an affordable all steel .22 pistol and the replaceable barrel is a nice touch but I think this one fell short IMO. I really don't care for the grip and wish it used 41 mags (which are easier to find and available in a 12rd versions).

I would love to see them come out with a less expensive version of the 41 setup for practical shooting. Still all steel and great trigger but lighter 5" barrel and standard (not target) grips. Hell do it in SS so they don't have to worry about an expensive finish.

Kind of like this Loveless custom with better grips...

Heck, if they would just bring back the 5" field barrel for the 41 I would be a happy camper
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 2:15:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 2:25:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 9:30:16 PM EDT
[#22]
I held one at my LGS the other day, along with a Ruger Mk II, stainless, and a Ruger all steel Mk III with a bull barrel. I am seriously considering buying the S&W to use in our local indoor .22 action shoots. I have a FWB AW93, That truly amazes me every time I shoot it. Have owned a Mk I & the cheapo .22/45. I can't use the FWB in the action shoots, so was thinking on the S&W over the Rugers. It feels really good in the hands, has a side magazine eject button, and the mags fell free. I have read some on it, and the 2 reviews I read looked really good. I came here looking for advice, or for you guys to talk me into it.

Thanks much,
Mark
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 11:20:29 PM EDT
[#23]
I wish I had looked into this gun more before I ordered my 22/45 last week.  Thing was a jam o matic today.  Didn't make it more than 4 shots before failure.  Not happy.
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 11:38:44 PM EDT
[#24]
You should check out .22Plinksters review, I want one.
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 3:05:45 PM EDT
[#25]

Just picked this up, my first pistol. Hopefully I'll get to the range tomorrow, I really can't wait. Pretty excited about this gun.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 7:24:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Someone chop the barrel to about 3'' and see if it still functions correctly
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 6:46:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Looks vaguely Nambu.

Please give us a range report ChiefBrody.

Hking
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 9:09:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Looks vaguely Nambu.

Hking
View Quote

You realize the precursor to the Ruger MK series was based on the Nambu as well right?
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 9:58:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

You realize the precursor to the Ruger MK series was based on the Nambu as well right?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks vaguely Nambu.

Hking

While true, it was financed because Sturm thought it looked like a Luger.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 12:44:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks vaguely Nambu.

Hking

Oh my, the intrigue!
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 12:55:50 PM EDT
[#31]
How much did you pay?
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 1:13:21 PM EDT
[#32]
When someone makes an affordable integrally suppressed barrel for it, I'll consider one.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 1:23:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Range report!
Shot 300 rounds of CCI SV through the Victory yesterday. Very proud to say that group on the right is 10 rounds fired at about 9 or 10 yards. That's exactly what I was hoping to see out of this pistol. Not all of my groups were that good, but this was, of course, my first time shooting the gun. The factory sights are excellent, green fiber optics all around and a fully adjustable Williams at the rear. I didn't adjust anything and after shooting it, I don't plan to.
There were a couple of hiccups, and they were easily fixed. Two FTFs resulting in two dented cases got me pretty worried but I quickly found that the take-down screw had actually loosened a bit after 200 or so rounds - the barrel, bolt, and slide could actually wobble lightly on top of the frame. I tightened it back up, problem solved. Once back at home, I removed, Loctited, and replaced the screw. I guess it's not too surprising that a screw like that could work itself loose from lots of firing, but it was disconcerting at the time. Overall, I was very, very happy with the gun. After 300 rounds, and the end of my lunch break approaching, I had to pack it in - otherwise I could have shot that thing all afternoon.

AA SG, I paid $422 OTD, including 100 rounds of CCI SV.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 6:04:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Range report!
Shot 300 rounds of CCI SV through the Victory yesterday. Very proud to say that group on the right is 10 rounds fired at about 9 or 10 yards. That's exactly what I was hoping to see out of this pistol. Not all of my groups were that good, but this was, of course, my first time shooting the gun. The factory sights are excellent, green fiber optics all around and a fully adjustable Williams at the rear. I didn't adjust anything and after shooting it, I don't plan to.
There were a couple of hiccups, and they were easily fixed. Two FTFs resulting in two dented cases got me pretty worried but I quickly found that the take-down screw had actually loosened a bit after 200 or so rounds - the barrel, bolt, and slide could actually wobble lightly on top of the frame. I tightened it back up, problem solved. Once back at home, I removed, Loctited, and replaced the screw. I guess it's not too surprising that a screw like that could work itself loose from lots of firing, but it was disconcerting at the time. Overall, I was very, very happy with the gun. After 300 rounds, and the end of my lunch break approaching, I had to pack it in - otherwise I could have shot that thing all afternoon.
<a href="http://s671.photobucket.com/user/straycatkid/media/IMG_1097_zpshbscymkn.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv75/straycatkid/IMG_1097_zpshbscymkn.jpg</a>

AA SG, I paid $422 OTD, including 100 rounds of CCI SV.
View Quote

It makes me want to sell my POS 22/45...anyone want a 22/45 lite?
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 1:24:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Saw a number of them at the show this weekend.  Low 400's street price.  The 22A is low to mid 200's.  I'll keep my 22A.
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 9:19:32 AM EDT
[#36]
I am going to send S&W an email and see if they have done any testing with shorter barrels. I would like something with a 3-3.5'' barrel so I don't have to worry about bulk pack going supersonic. I am very close to ditching my 22/45 because of constant problems and its a PITA to takedown.
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 8:54:56 PM EDT
[#37]
I went to a local indoor range today, and low and behold: the Victory was available to rent!  

I proceeded to shoot it, and it shot quite well.   The recoil impulse was nice with either one handed or two handed shooting.  I also enjoyed the sights even though as a bullseye shooter I require black on black sights.  I was able to shoot 95-2x at 25 yards fairly easily.  They required I use their ammo and it was CCI SV (pretty good ammo actually).  I did have two unusual malfunctions however.  They were both exactly the same where the round was crushed between the bolt and the breechface.  In my experience this kind of malfunction is created by magazine issues maybe a round tried to nosedive somewhat when the magazine was inserted?  It wasn't ever on the first round however.

All in all a good shooting experience, and if those malfunctions don't happen to others then I'd say its a potentially very good platform.

I also wouldn't buy as I already have a gun for the role this thing would be filling.
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 12:48:29 AM EDT
[#38]
Any chance some of you own a tricked out 22/45 LITE? Wondering how it compares.
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 5:26:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 2:59:02 AM EDT
[#40]
Any chance someone could post a picture of their Victory with the grip panels off? Maybe a picture of the top of the frame with the barrel off? Does it have a polymer grip frame screwed to the steel upper frame? It's advertised as having a steel frame, but it looks like two pieces to me. How do the two pieces attach to each other? Thanks  for any answers.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 2:15:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Bought one today. A local shop had it for $375, so I couldn't resist.

Will report on how it does for me.
View Quote

Please do. This may have given me the push to buy my first .22lr pistol.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 9:13:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bought one today. A local shop had it for $375, so I couldn't resist.

Will report on how it does for me.

You'll enjoy it.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 10:50:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Took mine to the range today and fired a few hundred rounds with two malfunctions. It works find with standard velocity rounds, which is what I wanted to check. The hex takedown screw loosened during the range session, so I will bring the hex tool and check it every 100 rounds or so in future.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 11:05:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 11:12:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 11:36:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Don't understand the marketing behind new .22 handgun if it doesn't come threaded already for a suppressor ? As difficult as it is in obtaining .22 ammo I'll just stick to my MK III, it has a bull barrel and I had it threaded for a Sparrow.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 8:14:14 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 7:18:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Well that sucks. Let's us know how S&W responds.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 2:08:38 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

It is a hybrid. The frame is either cast aluminum or steel where the barrel and receiver mate to it. The metal area also holds all the important pins (trigger pin, etc) which are also made of metal, likely MIM steel.

The side grip panels themselves attach to a polymer section of the frame that sort of clam shells around the metal chassis. The metal part of the frame is visible inside the mag well down to just below the magazine catch/release.

A little stamped steel bar extends all the way to the bottom of the magazine well to function as the mag safety and to positively eject magazines.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any chance someone could post a picture of their Victory with the grip panels off? Maybe a picture of the top of the frame with the barrel off? Does it have a polymer grip frame screwed to the steel upper frame? It's advertised as having a steel frame, but it looks like two pieces to me. How do the two pieces attach to each other? Thanks  for any answers.

It is a hybrid. The frame is either cast aluminum or steel where the barrel and receiver mate to it. The metal area also holds all the important pins (trigger pin, etc) which are also made of metal, likely MIM steel.

The side grip panels themselves attach to a polymer section of the frame that sort of clam shells around the metal chassis. The metal part of the frame is visible inside the mag well down to just below the magazine catch/release.

A little stamped steel bar extends all the way to the bottom of the magazine well to function as the mag safety and to positively eject magazines.

Thanks. That's the info I was looking for. The polymer section of the frame under the grip panels is not removable if I'm understanding your description correctly?
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 2:57:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top