Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2015 6:23:13 PM EDT
I see Ruger has a Single Six and I think it would be a great gun for the .17 HMR, and they've always had the 22 WMR cylinder for the 22 Single Six.  But what's available in an auto with these calibers?  I think Ruger is missing the boat in not producing a MK series auto in .17 HMR.

I'd buy one; would you?
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 6:16:39 AM EDT
[#1]
If I could find a Single Six in .17 in Stainless, I'd buy it on the spot. I think they quit making it in stainless, and I can't bring myself to buy a blue gun.....................
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 3:09:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Keltec has the PMR 30 in 22WMR. .17 has proven to be quite the challenge even in a semi auto rifle. I can only imagine this would be significantly more difficult in a pistol.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 3:14:45 PM EDT
[#3]
The Kel-Tec PMR-30 is pretty fun! I enjoy mine, but I'm bummed that they say no suppressor use on it. 30 rounds of .22mag in a gun that weighs around 2lbs or less (can't remember for sure) is pretty sweet!

I wouldn't get hopes too high for a .17hmr semi auto pistol. That would be even harder given the issues with case ruptures in .17's.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 10:33:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wouldn't get hopes too high for a .17hmr semi auto pistol. That would be even harder given the issues with case ruptures in .17's.
View Quote

I wasn't aware of any of that, only that it's the only plentiful rimfire I've seen in years.  Some diversity would be nice.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 9:05:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Ruger cataloged a .17hm2 MKIII for a while but they never did put them up for sale because of problems that never got worked out.

They also had a convertible Single Six in .17hmr and .17hm2.

You could build one off a pistol registered Receiver in the Ruger Charger style.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top