Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2015 10:33:02 AM EDT
I am picking up a S&W  M&P 22 Compact next week and no one makes a kydex holster for it.  I was looking and kits are cheap, and it looks fairly easy to make.

Has anyone done it? Any tips or stories about doing it?
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 10:46:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I haven't done my own before, but I believe there are several DIY kydex threads on this forum. This one may be a good place to start:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_10_17/628104_Do_it_yourself_Kydex____.html
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 2:27:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I have, it is simple but you will need a few "specialty" tools. Once you get the tools out of the way you can make as  many holsters as you need for very low cost.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 4:27:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I haven't done my own before, but I believe there are several DIY kydex threads on this forum. This one may be a good place to start:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_10_17/628104_Do_it_yourself_Kydex____.html
View Quote

As the above post suggests (post 3) KnifeKits.com is an excellent source for tools, hardware, and materials...
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 10:23:09 PM EDT
[#4]
There are a number of good YouTube videos on the subject as well.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 6:02:05 PM EDT
[#5]
For one holster the costs don't make sense.  Maybe put a wtb request in the EE.  Trying to save you time and money.

I've made plenty for most my pistols even though I only really use 1. . I finally figured out how to make them with lights. Mine look professional. The hardest part is having the pistol or blue gun. If you don't mind breaking even about the third-4th holster than go for it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top