Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/14/2015 6:06:20 PM EDT
I bought this pistol for training... Honest to God drills (I carry m&ps), and eventually as a suppressor host.

As far as drills one major thing kept me away from a Ruger 22/45 Lite-when the slide is back, you CANNOT slingshot it.

The Ruger makes you press the slide release button.  
I try to train like I will fight, so that is a nonnegotiable for me in a trainer, everyone needs to practice reloads.

It is very accurate for a fighting trainer.  No, I do not believe it is as accurate as my Ruger Mark II... But it is not for paper punching contests

But there is one major difference.

It ran like a scalded dog. I tried about three or four types of ammo--no problems.

Then I grabbed The Bag.

The Bag is a Ziploc of about 1000 Winchester lead rounds (non-plated).

The Bag has been bounced around over the last eight years in a variety of ammo cans, trunks, truck beds , range bags and thrown on countless range tables.  I used to carry it to shoot sociably when I was on church visits.

As such, those lead bullets have been banging, chipped, dented, temperature from -22 to 120° and generally made to cry,

Currently, ammunition from The Bag Will not run 100% in any semi auto I had

10/22, ruger mark II, Sig mosquito, or m&p 15/22 or even the little bolt action rascal.

The Bag had been previously reserved for the Winchester lever action... Because Bag ammo was a widow maker, and only the Winchester could tame it.

Until now.

I shot about 40 rounds from The Bag through the little compact- 100% groups were acceptable considering their origin, and not one hang up , Jam, FTE, FFF.

It was almost miraculous.

The only frustration I have is that I could not remove the thread protector to install my thread adapter for a suppressor.  I called Smith and Wesson they are sending me a wrench---it does not make sense this was not included.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 8:44:27 PM EDT
[#1]
My best friend married the bag.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 6:40:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My best friend married the bag.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/17/2015 11:47:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I know, the're worth keeping around just for their ammo tolerance alone.   Took the magazine safety out of mine, and used a couple of small hex wrenches (2mm-ish?) in the flats of the thread protector and used a wrench on those to get it off.   You'll like it even more with the can on it.  My POI was a bit off to the left w/ and w/o the can, but the sights are easy to adjust and it runs like a top.   I think accuracy improved slightly after the barrel got leaded in properly, but its plenty accurate for a trainer.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 9:51:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Same story here, only I'll bet my bag is one helluva a lot older, shit some stuff in it goes back to the 80's, this thing is like
a little billy goat that wont stop eating, but if you think you like it now, wait till you get a can on it, mine is the suppressor
ready version and I got my element2 within 2 weeks of the pistol, it's so ridiculously quiet I cant contain my giddiness.

It's also my nighttime pest repellant tool so I put a crimson trace CMR 206 on the rail, thing was basically dead nuts zeroed
out of the box and man that green laser is good out to 100yds at night, no first round pop either.

This thing is pure joy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top