Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/3/2015 12:44:46 PM EDT
Have a chance to buy one like new in box like it just came out of the factory.  Anyone have a experience with one?  Can't find a whole lot of info on the internet. Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 4:35:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Our club had three of the stainless versions.  Got rid of all of them.  Funky ergonomics.  So so reliability.  We broke the take down piece (the metal H-shaped piece not the plastic thing) on all three and had a hell of time getting parts.  They're out of production; I don't know if Smith still supports them or not.   I suspect not.  They seem popular with the suppressor crowd.  It's an odd sort of design that Smith has been playing with for decades.  Ruger and Browning out sold them by a wide margin.  

I never liked them and don't miss them in the slightest.  They do have a fan base however.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 5:10:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I've never had an issue with them. S&W stopped making them in the late 90s I think. Really nice think is you can suppress them without the need for suppressor sights.

(not mine)
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 6:52:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a 622 I use suppressed.

There are parts available on various internet sites.

Mine has worked well for over twenty years, I have replaced springs and firing pins twice.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 7:41:23 PM EDT
[#4]
My first autoloading pistol was a S&W 2206 Target my dad bought me when I was 12 or so.  I absolutely LOVED the pistol (and still do!), but for some reason it used to shear off the retaining screw for the rear adjustable sight.  I actually had a gunsmith re-tap and put in a larger screw to try to get it squared away but it never did quit shearing screws.  Still a great pistol though.  

Random question for you gurus though, are the 422 and 2206 slides interchangeable?  I'm thinking about picking up a fixed sight 422 slide from Numrich to get my old 2206 back running.
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 10:04:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Absolutely love my 622 and have shot the snought out of it. It started jamming a few years back so I replaced the spring and it was flawless again. I love the ergonomics and the accuracy it has. The 622 has the alloy frame so it's a joy to pack for the trail. I also own 3 Ruger Marks so I do have something to compare the 622 with. I consider adjustable sights a must have if I was to buy one.
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 1:28:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a 4" 2206 that I got in 1997 fixed sights shoots great. It doesn't like cheap or low velocity ammo.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 10:15:07 PM EDT
[#7]

My favorite suppressor host. Love that gun.
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 12:24:33 AM EDT
[#8]
I have 4 of the 42/622 series. I love 'em.

They are very light and always a favorite of female shooters.
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 8:37:35 PM EDT
[#9]
I had a 622 that I should never have traded away. Wonderful pistol and very accurate.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 8:27:36 AM EDT
[#10]
I am very finicky about accuracy ( old bullseye shooter) and mine would group very well and was one of the most reliable 22 auto loader I ever owned , my only gripe was it was fixed sight and had to shave the front sight a bit to get it to stop hitting low. I sold it a few years ago but am looking to get another
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 9:47:53 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a 422. Bought it used about 15 years ago. Its kind of ugly but it is accurate and has never jammed. Its well built. Buy it if you are getting a good deal
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 2:29:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Do it.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 7:40:57 PM EDT
[#13]
I had one,butt ugly gun but reliable and accurate as hell
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 9:56:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had one,butt ugly gun but reliable and accurate as hell
View Quote

To many of us there is beauty in a reliable and accurate pistol. Pretty, but inaccurate and unreliable, quickly becomes boring. YMMV.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top