Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/8/2015 8:15:59 PM EDT
I've googled this question and no joy.  

I went to the Industry sub-forum but Ruger doesn't have a sub-forum.  

So I'm asking here:

Are Ruger SR22 and Ruger 22/45 magazines interchangeable?  I own a SR22, with additional magazines, and I'm contemplating buying a 22/45 to suppress.  It burns my buns that the only source of magazines for the SR22 is oem.  I don't want to get into another Ruger that also is single source and a different magazine than those I've already bought.  

If that is the case, I might as well consider other manufacturers for a suppressed 22.

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 8:51:06 PM EDT
[#1]
No Ruger 22/45 mags are closer to the standard auto and the Mk II-III than the SR22 but wont work in them either.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 9:35:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Nope. I have both handguns, 22/45 mag  is specific to the gun and the SR22 mag  is specific to its gun.
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 8:53:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info, doesn't that bite!

Ruger also told me they won't sell me a threaded barrel for my SR22.  

They're most accommodating folks, aren't they?
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 9:10:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nope. I have both handguns, 22/45 mag  is specific to the gun and the SR22 mag  is specific to its gun.
View Quote

Do you have your SR22 suppressed?  Seems the general consensus is that the 22/45 is better for suppressed fire?

I don't mind owning multiples of the same model [heck I have 2 of everyone of my Glocks] but was thinking of one of each for the grand kids.  

Do you enjoy owning both?  Would you do so again knowing what you know now?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top