Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2015 1:55:36 PM EDT
I just bought a sig emporer scorpion and would like to get a conversion kit for it. I have seen a few online but decided to ask for the wisdom of the almighty ar15.com. What do you guys recommended? It doesn't need to be anything crazy I just want something to plink around with and get some more trigger time on without shooting .45 acp all the time.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 4:25:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a Advantage Arms Standard 1911 conversion kit mounted on a dedicated RIA frame.  Years ago I had a Colt 22 conversion unit mounted to an alloy frame but I actually like the AA kit better.  The AA kit has a working bolt catch that some other conversion like Kimber and Ciener do not have.  The AA kit is reliable with high velocity ammo and plenty accurate for me.  Advantage Arms also sell a Target Model which is very similar to Marvel.  Marvel has had several different companies produce his target model unit 1.  I think Nelson company is making it now as did Nighthawk at one time.  Wilson conversions have used Ciener and Marvel design so if you find a Wilson combat make sure what your buying.  Avoid the EAA imported 22 conversion from Italy.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 11:35:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a Marvel Unit 2 that I really like, because it makes me look like I can shoot.

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 2:19:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Are the conversions you guys have mentioned decently reliable? I have an MP22 that Has been 99% in over 4k rounds.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 8:14:20 AM EDT
[#4]
My marvel unit two has been great on multiple frames. Doesn't like Remington golden bullets but this is crap ammo anyway, bought during the drought when nothing else was around. 2 inch and smaller 25 yard groups are typical. Cannot go wrong with marvel
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 11:57:55 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a Kimber kit that runs well on several different frames.  Found it used on evilbay with 4 mags at $220.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 3:47:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a dedicated Kimber Rimfire Target that I've put 1000's of rounds thru I user for rimfire competitions
it looks like hell but it shoots awesome
Untitled by usmcchet92_96, on Flickr
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 5:42:48 PM EDT
[#7]
wow looks like it has been through the ringer a few times

does anyone have experience with sig's 1911 .22 conversion?
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 10:10:55 PM EDT
[#8]
I ran 200-300 rds of Hi-vel ammo through my Unit 2 and then started using bulk federal. A little cleaning now and then and no problems.
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 2:05:35 AM EDT
[#9]
I have a Marvel unit 2 that has been great
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 2:15:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a Marvel unit 2 that has been great
View Quote

Me too.
cp
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 12:00:57 PM EDT
[#11]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

wow looks like it has been through the ringer a few times

does anyone have experience with sig's 1911 .22 conversion?
View Quote
Same exact gun as a GSG1911

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top