Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2015 4:17:42 PM EDT
Finally able to find some .22 ammo and would like to teach my son w/ .22 pistol.
Unfortunately, I don't have any .22 pistol, and I'm in the market for one specifically, Ruger 22/45 Blue model.

Does anyone know who has the best deal currently on Blue anodized model?

Also, should I consider any other 22/45 lite model besides Blue anodized one?
How's the overall quality & reliability of this new model?

Many thanks in advance

Link Posted: 3/23/2015 3:26:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Personally I find the blue model pretty gaudy but then I think my early gold version is ugly too (I like the new black version with the flutes along the barrel but it wan't out when I bought mine).  I swapped in a VQ trigger group which greatly improved the trigger, not that it was terrible, but it's now very light and crisp.  With a suppressor on it it's a very quiet and fun gun to shoot as well as being very accurate.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 8:38:35 AM EDT
[#2]
I love the way it looks. I have one on the way from Grabagun, $399. It should be here end of week. It will be a host for my Warlock II and an open class steel challenge pistol. A buddy has the lite with the holes around the barrel. It is a hoot to shoot, very accurate, eats all ammo and a great host.

Eventually, I will upgrade:
Volquartsen Custom Accurizing Kit
KaneWolf SlingShot - Tandemkross
Tandemkross mag disconnect bushing
Tandemkross mag bumpers
Tandemkross game changer comp
Burris Fastfire III, 8 MOA

I will review it after get it to the range. Hopefully this weekend.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 7:21:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Can't wait for your review!

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I love the way it looks. I have one on the way from Grabagun, $399. It should be here end of week. It will be a host for my Warlock II and an open class steel challenge pistol. A buddy has the lite with the holes around the barrel. It is a hoot to shoot, very accurate, eats all ammo and a great host.

Volquartsen Custom Accurizing Kit
KaneWolf SlingShot - Tandemkross
Tandemkross mag disconnect bushing
Tandemkross mag bumpers
Tandemkross game changer comp
Burris Fastfire III, 8 MOA

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/26/2015 11:37:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I just got a stainless one from buds gunshop.com for 383.00 shipped.  No complaints.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:41:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I am about to pick mine up. Where is best deal on mags?
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 8:43:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:41:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Volquartsen Custom Accurizing Kit I have the sear and it works great.
KaneWolf SlingShot - Tandemkross Fantastic to be able to slingshot the bolt.
Tandemkross mag disconnect bushing mandatory.  Enough said.
Tandemkross mag bumpers Personally, I like the TacSol ones better, but they work great for the $7
Tandemkross game changer comp check out the ones made by Maddmacs.  I have one on my Lite (pictured below) that is fantastic.
Burris Fastfire III, 8 MOA They sit a little high if you use the factory rail, but are crazy amounts of fun.  I have the 2moa PA reflex though.

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 2:26:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tandemkross mag bumpers Personally, I like the TacSol ones better, but they work great for the $7
Tandemkross game changer comp check out the ones made by Maddmacs.  I have one on my Lite (pictured below) that is fantastic.
Burris Fastfire III, 8 MOA They sit a little high if you use the factory rail, but are crazy amounts of fun.  I have the 2moa PA reflex though.

http://th08.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2015/048/2/2/custom_lite_3_by_aknorthpolar-d8igo8v.jpg

What kind of optic is on this? Do you like better with or the iron sights?
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 2:59:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://th08.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2015/048/2/2/custom_lite_3_by_aknorthpolar-d8igo8v.jpg

It's the Primary Arms reflex with side controls.  I kind of set this up to be a backup grouse hunting pistol and the dot is a lot faster than irons for me.  Personally, I love it but you have to keep track of how you hold the pistol in case you get goofy and let the dot out of your field of view.  Thought it turned off once or twice till I realized I was holding the pistol weird.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 8:58:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Will the PA sight work with the Burris mount?
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:01:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Will the PA sight work with the Burris mount?
View Quote

As far as I know they use fastfire mounts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top