Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2015 9:33:21 PM EDT
Anybody have one? Been looking to pick up a .22 plinker and liked the feel of one I handled today. FWIW, my other candidate is the M&P .22 compact.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 11:52:52 PM EDT
[#1]
have a thunder .22. like it a lot. shoots just fine, not very snappy at all. likes the hotter ammo though. doesn't cycle with the lower velocity stuff. was hard to find. had to special order it from my local dealer. can't compare it to the MP .22 as i've never handled 1.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 12:51:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Haven't had one, but have had several Bersa pistols and they have been great. Plan to get the 22 version as well.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 7:21:28 PM EDT
[#3]
The Bersa is a good little pistol.  It does like hotter ammo (mini mags for example).  Magazine safety.  Drop-safe IIRC.  Rubber grips are nice.  Pretty accurate.  It feels like a cheap pistol but it works pretty well.  I had a smith adjust the slide catch because it would slip out a bit too easily.   Parts can be had but you probably wont need them.

I just picked up an M&P 22 compact and but havent shot it yet.  So far the S&W seems like the better gun, if only for fit and finish and the dovetail (aftermarket replaceable) sights.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 8:03:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got the nickel Thunder 22 but have only been able to take it out once. The only ammo I had to shoot was some old, old Winchester and Federal that an elderly lady gave me.
I had some misfires that would shoot after a second strike but other than that it was a hoot to shoot!
I finally found some CCI Stingers but haven't been able to get to the range yet.
Nice solid little gun that feels good in the hand.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 8:14:59 PM EDT
[#5]
As others have said, it likes high velocity ammo, 1250 fps+.  Also, watch out for the rear sight.  The blade is held in place by a tiny spring and the adjustment screw.  If you bump it sideways against the spring, it WILL pop out and you WILL lose it.  Bersa was nice enough to send me a new one for free, but it changed how I handle the gun.  Mine gets used a lot for CCW classes.  The students like it better than my Ruger.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 10:33:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Thank you for the input everyone.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top