Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2015 5:30:50 PM EDT
I picked-up this German made parlor pistol in 6mm Flobert today. I gave $150.00 OTD counting 400 rounds of ammo.

10.25" rifled barrel and 15.25" OAL. Excellent balance and trigger.

It's seen better years but it's still tight and has a good bore. If it was in better condition it would have had a color case-hardened frame/TG.

No maker marking, just the German proofs.

You drop the trigger guard to tip the barrel up, load. then move the TG forward to cock it....No safety.

Link Posted: 2/15/2015 10:42:22 AM EDT
[#1]
You find the most interesting things.
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 8:27:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I was at the gunshow yesterday and one of the ammo vendors was selling new tins of 6 mm Flobert ammunition.

Cool little gun.
Link Posted: 2/16/2015 9:27:05 AM EDT
[#3]
After further research I found I found this very worn marking on it:

0,2 gr NGP M/71
1,8 gr Bl

Turns out that this pistol is in fact a German target pistol chambered in .22 lr.

http://www.littlegun.be/ma_collectio...salon%20gb.htm

Of course the .22 LR of it's day was much different power-wise than modern .22 lr as was the quality of the steel used.

It was recommended on Rimfire Central that only certain flavors of short/long CB caps be used in it. CCI CBs were recommended and after checking the .22 ammo fort I found several boxes of each.

I was sorta hoping I could use modern match ammo in it but it was felt that it might be "A Bridge too Far" considering it's age. I think that is prudent.
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 11:41:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

0,2 gr NGP M/71
1,8 gr Bl

Turns out that this pistol is in fact a German target pistol chambered in .22 lr.

Of course the .22 LR of it's day was much different power-wise than modern .22 lr as was the quality of the steel used.

It was recommended on Rimfire Central that only certain flavors of short/long CB caps be used in it. CCI CBs were recommended and after checking the .22 ammo fort I found several boxes of each.

I was sorta hoping I could use modern match ammo in it but it was felt that it might be "A Bridge too Far" considering it's age. I think that is prudent.
View Quote

Colibri and Super Colibri.
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 7:23:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

0,2 gr NGP M/71
1,8 gr Bl

Too stout....Heavy bullet more pressure.
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 7:45:44 PM EDT
[#6]
The change in .22"LR power came w/ the introduction of Hi-Speed ammo in the 20's or 30's.  I'd shoot subsonic target in it.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 11:38:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Damn those old Floberts were pretty!!!!
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 9:36:49 PM EDT
[#8]
That right there is really cool.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 5:44:03 AM EDT
[#9]
What kind of locking system does it employ? I do not think that a .22 l.r. standard velocity would pose any problem to even a simple, single lock.

Your link did not work, maybe this one will

http://www.littlegun.be/ma_collection/allemagne/a%20de%20pistolet%20salon%20gb.htm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top