Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2015 9:09:09 PM EDT
I just picked up a S&W 2214 and for some reason whenever I shoot it I'm get about a 30% failure to fully eject. The odd part it whenever my girlfriend and sister shoot it this NEVER happens! I think they are not holding the pistol as firm as I am and letting it recoil a bit more. I took about 5 shots limp wristing (not a true limp wrist just letting it recoil a bit more in my hand) and had no issues with failure to eject, could it be that holding the pistol too tight is causing the spent cast to not fully eject? I'm using blazer rounds, so maybe that could be contributing to this?
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 9:33:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Your thumbs may be pressing against the slide enough to impede cycling.
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 12:01:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Your thumbs may be pressing against the slide enough to impede cycling.
View Quote

ummm... maybe, I keep that in mind next time and keep my fingers lower.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top