Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2015 9:18:45 PM EDT
found this pic from a few years ago (@10)....I think I need to take these girls out again and see what's changed if anything.  (other than new firing pin and buffer in 22s, new P22 due to warranty replacement for "excessive" wear, and shorter barrel on the Buckmark)

IIRC it was 10 extended paces, 10 rounds, Rem Gold Bullet.  I was just getting into shooting and had no rifles at this time...lol.

Link Posted: 1/22/2015 12:32:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Go ahead and repeat- lots! Hopefully the 22 ammo shortage is past us for the most part and practice with a 22 can be care free fun again.
If at all possible try some ammo other than Remington - it is the worst ammo out there. I only shoot it when there is nothing else
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 1:36:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I know Remington .22 has earned a tarnished reputation, and rightfully so.  But I tell ya, the new Golden Bullets are better.  My P22 is very picky.  Anything weak/underpowered wwon't cycle it.  Especially Winchester bulk crap.  To me that is the new "Remington".  I've shot almost half of a bucket of GB's and have not had ONE misfire or fail to cycle.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 9:25:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Interesting thread.  The Buckmark is noticeably more accurate than the 22A.  Can you give any insight as to why?  I seem to be wanting a Buckmark more and more...
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 11:34:43 AM EDT
[#4]
22a is simply built as an entry level plinker while the browning is built as an entry level target gun.
In 22's today ( including old used classics which IMO are superior to all but the expensive top tier guns of today)
There are several tiers:
1) cheap pot metal plinkers one step removed from toys or airguns ( umarex based 1911's and such)
2) so called tactical 22's which are in about the same quality bucket as number one above
Such as ruger sr22 smith m&p
3) entry level sport target guns like the ruger mk 1/2/3 series browning buckmark or old smith 422 series
( this is the tier I would start on skipping the above two)
4). True target grade guns like the smith k22 series revolvers model 41 and old high standards and colt woodsman.
This tier is where you find truly stellar accuracy- at the price of some guns being very fussy about what will give the best accuracy or function ( the on target results are worth it though)
5) high end target guns like the euro walther gsp/osp hammerli etc. these are pretty much only found in formal bullseye competition and you can by six or seven  tier 3 guns for the price of one
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 12:48:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Interesting thread.  The Buckmark is noticeably more accurate than the 22A.  Can you give any insight as to why?  I seem to be wanting a Buckmark more and more...
View Quote

I would say that it is due to personal reasons, the 22A is quite accurate and neither the Buckmark, nor Ruger 22/45, have any real advantage when it comes to accuracy, only in longevity.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top