Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2014 12:20:13 AM EDT
Ruger called me Tuesday. Wanted to Know what they could do to fix my rear sight problem. Not wanting to return it for repairs. I said nothing. I'm just going to replace it with a red dot. She explained, that the Ruger family takes pride in their firearms and be more than happy to have their smiths rectify the site issue. I told her thank you but no thank you. The red dot will do just fine and I appreciate your phone call.  The phone call was from a letter I sent to CS with the problems of the rear site on the 22 MKlll target /hunter

Link Posted: 10/10/2014 2:46:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Ruger called me Tuesday. Wanted to Know what they could do to fix my rear sight problem. Not wanting to return it for repairs. I said nothing. I'm just going to replace it with a red dot. She explained, that the Ruger family takes pride in their firearms and be more than happy to have their smiths rectify the site issue. I told her thank you but no thank you. The red dot will do just fine and I appreciate your phone call.  The phone call was from a letter I sent to CS with the problems of the rear site on the 22 MKlll target /hunter  
View Quote

Um, cool? Not sure what's going on here
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 2:50:26 AM EDT
[#2]
You wrote a letter, complaining, and declined a solid offer to rectify the problem?

Link Posted: 10/10/2014 4:26:33 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You wrote a letter, complaining, and declined a solid offer to rectify the problem?

View Quote
kinda what I was thinking . . .

Link Posted: 10/10/2014 6:34:30 AM EDT
[#4]
16 posts in 8 years. wifi must be a bitch in the basement.

and he wasted 1/2 this years allotted posts on a "cool story brah' "
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 7:27:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 11:05:17 AM EDT
[#6]
I had two letters at different times sent into Ruger. About the rear sight moving out of the dove tail. There response was, I could send it to them. Or I could use blue Loctite. I chose the blue Loctite. Next time shooting did the same thing. Sent them a second letter about my problem and to vent a little. That's when she called wanting me to send the firearm back for repair. I told her thank you for calling. But I just decided I'll put a red dot on it. And not have to worry about the rear site.

Link Posted: 10/10/2014 11:11:09 AM EDT
[#7]
So Ruger gave you two options. Either you fix it yourself or they fix it. And you're angry because they offered to fix it but you have to mail them the firearm? What did you think they would do? Send a Ruger Certified Gunsmih to your residence and set up a full machine shop to repair it?

Pay the $20 and let Ruger fix it.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 11:25:49 AM EDT
[#8]
I was just sharing my experience with the Ruger CS. Everything was very professional and polite and I was very pleased with their phone call. The red dot was in the future anyway just not this near. hope this clears up any ?s.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 11:47:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was just sharing my experience with the Ruger CS. Everything was very professional and polite and I was very pleased with their phone call. The red dot was in the future anyway just not this near. hope this clears up any ?s.
View Quote

I could kind of understand that if you were alerting Ruger to a potential overall problem with their product, not just your particular weapon..
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 7:05:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Ruger is my favorite gun company for this reason.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 6:53:56 PM EDT
[#11]
I had an issue with a LC9 a couple years ago. Ruger repaired the pistol for free and in a reasonable amount of time. My only complaint is they shipped it back to me loose in a box. It was dropped in a plastic bag and that was it. No packaging whatsoever. It just bounced and slid around in the box on its way back to me. I realize it was a cheap (cost wise) gun and honestly no damage was done in shipping.  I just thought a little packaging was in order. Otherwise a good experience with their CS.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top