Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2014 8:50:40 PM EDT
The slide release "button" on my buckmark fell off tonight.  Upon close inspection it appears the lever is glued to the actual "finger release"?????
Anyone have any ideas how or what I use to glue this back together with?
Outside of this the gun has performed flawlessly.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:05:57 AM EDT
[#1]
No one must have ever come across this problem before.  I called browning and they said any 2 part epoxy will work. I glued it yesterday with gorrila 2 part epoxy, after 24 hours I will put it to the test.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 1:32:59 PM EDT
[#2]
It's just a press fit.  Happened to one of our club guns.  Except the button disappeared.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:19:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Happened to mine too. I lost the tab though, happened while I was out in the woods.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:05:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The slide release "button" on my buckmark fell off tonight.  Upon close inspection it appears the lever is glued to the actual "finger release"?????
Anyone have any ideas how or what I use to glue this back together with?
Outside of this the gun has performed flawlessly.
View Quote

Can you explain what part broke using the actual terminology? I have a Buck Mark and it has a slide stop lever just like any other pistol (Browning's term is stop open latch), but I am hard-pressed to find the slide release "button" or the "finger release," assuming these terms refer to separate parts. I'm not trying to be an asshole. I simply don't understand from the language you're using.

If I remember correctly, the entire slide stop assembly will fall off when you remove the grips. There is no glue that holds it in place. Assuming this is the part you're referring to, and it's falling out in spite of your grips being firmly screwed to the frame, then perhaps the grips are defective? Or, do you mean that the slide stop lever broke in half and only the portion of the lever that protrudes is what broke off in spite of the rest of it still being on the frame? I would just order a new part from Browning, or Numrich, whatever's cheaper. I can't imagine epoxying a metal part back together as being a good permanent solution for this.

http://i.imgur.com/TLi7leO.png?2
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 11:29:34 AM EDT
[#5]
^
The "Thumbpiece" fell off Item 58, "Stop Open Latch Assembly with Thumbpiece"
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 1:13:58 PM EDT
[#6]
i,sling shot my buckmark and markII.

clown
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top