Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/7/2014 10:29:26 AM EDT
Not getting much traffic in the GLOCK forum...

Advantage Arms or Tactical Solutions? I find myself without a .22 pistol and suppressor host. Rather than buy a whole different pistol with different ergos and trigger, I think a conversion kit makes the most sense, but which one? I've heard of problems with both. Leaning towards Tac Sol at the moment as they can be had with a threaded barrel, whereas you have to order a separate barrel from Advantage Arms.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 11:57:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 2:38:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I have never been around the TS but the AA are GTG after they wear in.  When new they work best with Remington Golden bullets and CCI Mini Mags.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 3:56:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I have an AA kit and waiting for the suppressor to get out of jail.  I did pick up a second frame to make it a dedicated .22.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 4:02:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 5:55:01 PM EDT
[#5]
The AA units work fairly well.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 3:45:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I have one of the newer threaded tac sol units on my 17.  I sent it back once due to my perceiving a flaw in the design.  I have been told its not.  Customer service was pretty good.

I received my item back and ran a few hundred rounds of CCI mini mags through it.  

It is very picky on ammo and it really only likes round nose pushing 1200fps+. Forget the cheap stuff....jams jams jams.  

The 15 round mags seem to work best with 10 rounds or less.....CCI minimags seem to be doing OK though.

I have read they have a 500 round break-in period.  The unit does seem to be running better and better the more I shoot it.

I discovered that the notch in the slide was not cut all that well sometimes allowing it to not lock open on the last round a few times, and would release if I pretty much breathed on it.

I took a small file and cleaned up the notch.

In spite of all that, I am happy with my purchase.  It will be a good trainer, plinker, and it is just as quiet to shoot suppressed as my Ruger 22/45.

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 11:12:28 AM EDT
[#7]
While I have not purchased a threaded barrel for my AA conversion yet, I do love it, I got one for my glock 19 and 23 gen 3.  It is reliable as any other 22.  I wish it did come with the barrel, the AA magazines are better IMO.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 12:30:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I did the same with all three of mine eventually, just waited for really good deals on lower halves.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
... I did pick up a second frame to make it a dedicated .22.

I did the same with all three of mine eventually, just waited for really good deals on lower halves.

what's the definition of "good deal" on lower halfs?
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 12:50:09 PM EDT
[#9]
I have an early Target model AA kit which I mated to a gen III Glock 17 frame I got off GB for around $225.  I also have an AA kit for a 26/27/33 which is mated to a Glock 26 frame.  I think I have about $250 in the Glock 26 frame.  I figure the frames are worth $250.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 2:34:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 3:26:20 PM EDT
[#11]
I got a new frame for $235 a couple years back for a Gen 3 G17.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top