Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2017 2:16:48 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 2:52:22 PM EDT
[#1]
My wallet is so lucky that's not the railed version....... That is a smoking deal.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 3:50:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Armslist.

If it looks too good to be true, it probably is.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 3:55:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Scam
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 3:58:21 PM EDT
[#4]
total scam.  Picture taken from Gunbroker.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 4:44:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Armslist.

If it looks too good to be true, it probably is.
View Quote
It may very well be. I certainly wouldn't be doing anything other than a face to face transaction, but I wanted to point it out to the guys who were local.

Good luck to all.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 4:58:15 PM EDT
[#6]
LOL.  I'm not even clicking on it and I know the drill.  Great gun, perfect price, but the "seller" is conveniently not able to do a FTF.  You must send payment here...yada yada yada.....
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 5:00:43 PM EDT
[#7]
I had to click it to see if I was correct.

Unregistered user.......check
Too good a deal......check
Stolen pics, vague description.......check
Lousy excuse of needing fast money.......check.

Scam that too many STILL fall for........check
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 9:19:30 PM EDT
[#8]
I emailed him just for giggles and his email came back to a .pl domain. Frickin Poland.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 7:50:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Had a guy a few weeks ago on our local Armslist with a $650 Python, as was mentioned before if its to good to be true, turned out it was a scam.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 4:19:51 PM EDT
[#10]
I just checked that link and it shows this:

"For Sale: NightHawk Custom GRP1911 w/ laser grips .45ACP 7R

The community has spoken! This listing been flagged as a scam. For more information review our flagging policy."

I was interested to see if they gave the address in Dallas. No address given.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 4:23:58 PM EDT
[#11]
High end 1911's are one of the most common guns scammers use in their fraudulent ads.....I zap (moderator) dozens of them every day just for fun...fuckers.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 4:32:21 PM EDT
[#12]
While there are a lot of scammers on Armslist their flagging policy sucks. It has no oversight. I was trying to sell a 1911 recently and my ad would get flagged within minutes of posting it. I had to keep reposting until it finally sold. 
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 8:51:12 AM EDT
[#13]
I agree there flagging policy is BS, you would think it would have to clear some sort of mod first, I had a WTB ad up for a while, a few weeks later another guy posted the same sort of ad, about that same time my ads starting getting flagged.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 7:03:09 PM EDT
[#14]
I've seen my own SIG P220 Super Match on sale on Armslist.

The seller lifted my picture off of the internet and I'm glad I blurred out  the serial number.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 10:18:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Moderators are voluntary and when they "flag" an ad it's immediately disabled.
If you're going to post, make sure you're "registered" and you place wording in the ad that makes it look like an individual and not a gunbroker auction wording. while I don't recommend it, Alabama ads typically have a local phone number; if I see one with a number, I run it to see where its from and if its not in the State the ad is, chances are its going to get zapped. Usually those numbers will pop up with multiple scams for different things on multiple boards....little bit of paying attention and you can get pretty good at picking them out, but I still wonder how many greedy fuckers that think they're scoring a deal on a two thousand dollar Winchester for $539. get took.    
verify EVERYTHING repeatedly and several times before sending a dime.
Oh, and if you get an almost immediate reply with word to the effect of "is this still available" ignore it: all they're doing is capturing a valid e-mail address they can sell to spammers....really, where do you think they get your e-mail address from?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top