Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/13/2017 4:21:11 PM EDT
This started on me the other day at the range. Ive had about 400 trouble free rounds through this pistol. I have the factory mag and 2 chip mccormick XP 10 mags. No matter which mag every few rounds it will hang up. The old shell is in the chamber and the slide has stripped the new round and jams it in the back of the fired shell. Guy at the range says he thinks it's an ectractor. I've never seen an extractor go that quick. I replaced one once on a gold cup but it had probably a thousand rounds or more through it. Bought a Wilson extractor and fixed it. Is that what this problem is?
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 7:38:53 PM EDT
[#1]
It could be something in the chamber causing the casing to stick but out would think the extractor also.  Have you pulled the extractor out to clean out the extractor tunnel.  There could be debris in there also.  MIM parts can give up fairly quickly. I would clean the slide well after taking the extractor out and then check the extractor tension once back together.  The full size RIA 9mm I use to have was one of the only RIA's I've owned that didn't have the extractor to tight out of the box. Your tension could be a little loose.  David
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 12:00:32 AM EDT
[#2]
That's funny. I work at a range and had a shooter with a new ria .22 tcm doing the same thing.

I recommended scrubbing the chamber, a heavier recoil spring, and a fbfp stop. It looked like the slide was going to fast and slipping over the case before it had a chance to retract off the chamber walls.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top