Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2017 12:45:52 PM EDT
Been looking for a wwii 1911a1 for a few years but not much available locally.

A pair came up the other day. $1900/2000 and looks to be a 1944/45

Overpriced? from Tulsa gun show I'm told brought in by dealer.

Link Posted: 4/11/2017 3:23:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Different market I know,  but I bought one off gunbroker.com last month for $1570 that is in much better shape cosmetically. It was a1944 product too. I live in North Carolina.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 4:20:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Paid $1200 for one in a bit better condition a year or so ago. Price is too high IMHO.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 7:37:04 PM EDT
[#3]
They seemed pretty stiff compared to gunbroker even

Thought maybe they were something special
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 8:45:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Fair to good condition of the most common 1911A1 maker. Too much in my opinion. About $1100 sounds more like it
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 8:49:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Way to much, $1200 is all in. $1900-$2000 has to be PRISTINE and neither of those are.

If they were earlier ones from the first run then they would be worth that kind of coin, later years not so much unless pretty much perfect.

Since the lower one doesn't even have the correct grips, I'd be suspicious of other replaced non correct parts which will drop their value significantly. [under the $1200 all in value]

This was one of the last RR's I bought and it was way below a grand.

I wouldn't even ask $1900 for this one...............
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 11:00:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Mil surp 1911s are a minefield.  Know what you are buying, tread carefully, and don't overpay.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 7:21:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mil surp 1911s are a minefield.  Know what you are buying, tread carefully, and don't overpay.
View Quote
Yup, one of the reasons I took a break from collecting them, prices just got too ridiculous for this middle class blue collar dude and I have friends in the gun business that look for them for me when they are out and about. Finally told them to not waste their time anymore unless they see something exceptional.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 7:30:06 AM EDT
[#8]
I carried this daily when I was in the Army and I'd love to get one - Any advice from you guys on where to look for the best prices?  Gunbroker???
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 10:51:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Way to much, $1200 is all in. $1900-$2000 has to be PRISTINE and neither of those are.

If they were earlier ones from the first run then they would be worth that kind of coin, later years not so much unless pretty much perfect.

Since the lower one doesn't even have the correct grips, I'd be suspicious of other replaced non correct parts which will drop their value significantly. [under the $1200 all in value]

This was one of the last RR's I bought and it was way below a grand.

http://i63.tinypic.com/213249j.jpg

I wouldn't even ask $1900 for this one...............
View Quote
Thank you and everyone else for the feedback.  

They got a bunch of Lugers and Garands/carbines in too. All seemed pretty rich.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 9:37:44 AM EDT
[#10]
I sold a very well used beater grade made in late 1943 Remington Rand last year for $1200.

It had very little finish left, minor small areas of pitting on the slide, a clean bore, very rattle-trapish loose and sloppy fit, WW2 "keyes" grips, a huge idiot scratch on the frame, all Gov't/mfg. markings intact and readable, with some non original small parts such as springs, and the firing pin. I also tossed in 3 WW2 USGI mags, and a two pocket USGI WW2 mag pouch. The guy who bought it was happy to have it, and inspected /fired it before hand. Never dickered with me on the price. I am not a collector, so I priced it by looking for similar looking ones for sale around the interwebz, and listed for $1200, but hoping to get $800- $900.

I paid $300 for it in 2001 at an estate auction with no known history and it labeled as "not working".....all that was wrong with it back then was the tip of the firing pin was broken off/worn down and not making contact with the primer of a chambered round. A new firing pin/spring, and a new recoil spring, and it ran flawlessly with 230 grain ball ammo for me for all the years I owned it.

The ones in the OP's pic. both look in better shape than the one I had FWIW.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 9:49:32 AM EDT
[#11]
So where does a guy find these things?  

Gunbroker has a few and there are a few collector type sites but Ive only seen 3(2 included above) at any gun stores around here.  

Id love to pick one up but am having a hell of a time figuring out where to buy.

Also not alot on the 1911 forums
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 10:08:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I sold a very well used beater grade made in late 1943 Remington Rand last year for $1200.

It had very little finish left, minor small areas of pitting on the slide, a clean bore, very rattle-trapish loose and sloppy fit, WW2 "keyes" grips, a huge idiot scratch on the frame, all Gov't/mfg. markings intact and readable, with some non original small parts such as springs, and the firing pin. I also tossed in 3 WW2 USGI mags, and a two pocket USGI WW2 mag pouch. The guy who bought it was happy to have it, and inspected /fired it before hand. Never dickered with me on the price. I am not a collector, so I priced it by looking for similar looking ones for sale around the interwebz, and listed for $1200, but hoping to get $800- $900.

I paid $300 for it in 2001 at an estate auction with no known history and it labeled as "not working".....all that was wrong with it back then was the tip of the firing pin was broken off/worn down and not making contact with the primer of a chambered round. A new firing pin/spring, and a new recoil spring, and it ran flawlessly with 230 grain ball ammo for me for all the years I owned it.

The ones in the OP's pic. both look in better shape than the one I had FWIW.
View Quote
Breaking the tip off the firing pin or losing it all together was not unheard of by veterans who
Worried about their kids getting ahold of their keepsakes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top