Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 12:28:47 PM EDT
[#1]
For those looking to Invest in a 2011 style pistol there is a "bargain" alternative to STI...

A) For those of you who have the time, skills, and tools: building from a "80%" frame is a
option although not necessarily a cost effective one unless you plan to build one in each
caliber you would like...

B) The other is purchasing a SPS Pantera 2011 from Eagle Imports which is a Imported
version of the 2011 platform pistol that is made in the Philippines with a solid warranty
and a good price point, it uses all standard STI 2011 parts, etc.

Good luck.

Some links below:

Link

Link
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 12:35:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Sure, if it's a Browning Hi-Power.

Link Posted: 2/11/2017 1:19:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought this Metro 9mm Commander (I have a hard chromed Metro in .45) and it has been utterly reliable.  Two mec gar mags and two Wilson combat mags. It definitely likes peppier ammo. I have a case of 124 gr Starfire that could charitably called 'subsonic' (I think it's at about 1050 fps ), and I'm going to burn it up through this pistol. I love the trigger, better than the .45 I own, but I'm worried the blues finish won't hold up.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 11:22:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

When I think of a 9mm 1911, I generally associate it with a range gun rather than a defensive auto.
View Quote

My 1911 9mm handguns are my favorite range guns, next to my .22's.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 10:00:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 6:28:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A 9 mm colt commander is a good choice for carry. Nothing wrong with it.
View Quote

Plus 1.
I have a Colt LW commander in 9mm. (weighs a mere 29 ounces empty)
Anyway, accurate shooter, and the 2016 dual recoil spring setup lessens felt recoil. I'm used to 45s so to me the 9mm was fun to shoot.
Also because its lightweight, I carry it as my alternate CCW.
Another advantage (depends on who you ask) is the ammo cap. Stock mags are 9 rounds but Lots of 10rd aftermarket mags that doesn't extend as much compared to the 45s. (The mag in the pic is a 10rd mecgar)Attachment Attached File
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top