Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2016 5:58:47 PM EDT
Ran across them via 1911forum and was wondering what the hive has to say about them?

Specifically their grips.

Link Posted: 9/20/2016 9:36:43 AM EDT
[#1]

Not for me that's for sure, personally haven't heard of them, but those grips are hideous IMHO
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 5:46:37 PM EDT
[#2]
They look like they'd shred your hands badly.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 3:45:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They look like they'd shred your hands badly.
View Quote

They will,a guy my brother works with has a similar set,very uncomfortable.
Hell these guys can't even counter sink the screws.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 10:46:46 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm probably not the best person to ask about these grips. I used to like really aggressive checkering and have since discovered that I really like smooth grips much more. No slippage like I feared and the feel is great. I have smooth, linen micarta grips on two of my 1911 pistols and considering changing the aggressive aluminum grips on my Night Hawk Custom to smooth micarta. As for these grips I'm not really liking that pothole design and like someone already mentioned the non countersunk grip screws would be very uncomfortable on the palms of your hand.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 11:04:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Not for me that's for sure, personally haven't heard of them, but those grips are hideous IMHO
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/23/2016 12:47:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Ran across them via 1911forum and was wondering what the hive has to say about them?

Specifically their grips
View Quote

I bought a set of their grips and matching compensator to put on my Taurus.  It is the least accurate of all of my 1911s, so I figured for $65 at least it could look cool.  The grips weren't bad - they do look great but also open up the innards to the elements.  They were surprisingly comfortable and did not shred my hand, although I didn't put a whole lot of rounds through it.  The compensator changed the point of aim and more than likely reduced the pistol's accuracy even more, so it's not going to win any target competitions, but my Taurus DOES look cool.

Also, I received my grip kit within 24 hours of making my order.  THAT's impressive.  Their customer service also appears excellent - I accidentally ordered the grips w/o the ambi safety cut from ebay - emailed them and they corrected my order immediately w/o hassle, then I received the grips in the mail the very next day (still don't know how they pulled that one off).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top