Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2016 7:03:02 PM EDT
has anyone  built a .22tcm 1911?

i have looked at the conversion kits and i see a lot of unneccesary parts, am i wrong, or could it be done with a barrel and a magazine?

any info would be greatly appreciated.
thanks
jake
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 7:46:07 PM EDT
[#1]
What's the parts list?
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 9:37:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What's the parts list?
View Quote

the only conversions i can seem to find are a complete slide assembly and a magazine.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 12:07:49 AM EDT
[#3]

The parent case for the 22tcm is the .223 case,so I would assume the the breech face and extractor would be different.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 7:19:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
http://s20.postimg.org/jhlgcljyl/image.jpg

The parent case for the 22tcm is the .223 case,so I would assume the the breech face and extractor would be different.
View Quote

RIA just ships it with another barrel and runs it off a 9mm/38S breech face and extractor (gun also ships with a 9mm barrel). 9mm mags will feed 22 TCM.

I'd steer clear of it, there has been all sorts of fuckery with case bulges and issues with feeding of the round.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 6:18:29 PM EDT
[#5]
The RIA slide that I have  (removed from a RIA TCM pistol) will fit the 22TCM and 9mm Luger, but not a 38 Super (though it will fit the rimless 38 Super Comp).

Presumably RIA used a more limited breech face width to help fit the 22TCM's smaller rim diameter - since it is based on the 223 Remington. I tried a 22TCM round in a 38 Super slide, and it had zero extractor tension and was loose, so the extractor would require adjustment to work - if it will with the smaller rim, which I have not tried.

I had no evidence of excess case expansion. The RIA barrel offers excellent case support. It is a ramped barrel, with a Para / Clark ramp.

It's a fun cartridge to shoot. Big fireballs, little recoil, good accuracy.

Link Posted: 5/28/2016 12:01:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Mine isn't ramped, but it is a few years old.  .38 mags are recommended for 22 TCM but some 9mm mags will work if they don't have spacers installed.

Link Posted: 5/28/2016 12:42:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

RIA just ships it with another barrel and runs it off a 9mm/38S breech face and extractor (gun also ships with a 9mm barrel). 9mm mags will feed 22 TCM.

I'd steer clear of it, there has been all sorts of fuckery with case bulges and issues with feeding of the round.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://s20.postimg.org/jhlgcljyl/image.jpg

Mine came with barrel, spring, AND extractor for 9mm conversion.  But I bought mine direct from Fred Craig.  Never heard of any feed issues.  Touch one off at an indoor range and the whole line will go silent with heads poking out the back in your direction.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 5:17:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Mine isn't ramped, but it is a few years old.  .38 mags are recommended for 22 TCM but some 9mm mags will work if they don't have spacers installed.

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff35/kemays/22tcm1_zpsdb016dd9.jpg
View Quote

ken, from your experience, is it worth buying as the combo kit?
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 12:05:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff35/kemays/22tcm1_zpsdb016dd9.jpg

As someone who bought it mainly for the 9mm version I'd say so.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top