Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2016 6:10:53 PM EDT
I was reading the other thread about Duty 1911s I a few guys recommend this double stack, so I went to my local toy store and there it was, I asked the guy to show it to me cause I though the grip it was gonna be to big, and boy I was wrong. Can somebody that have one chime in and tell me I need to buy it or anything I need to know about it?
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 9:47:47 AM EDT
[#1]
If you purchase it get some SVI magazines, no spacer required for 9mm.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 9:57:01 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought one last year and I love it.  My only complaint is the cost of the magazines.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 10:12:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bought one last year and I love it.  My only complaint is the cost of the magazines.
View Quote

do you carry it? I'm planing on doing so and I would like to know how bulky it gets.
Now I see they have a lite version too
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 10:18:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Not my carry gun.  I would think the magwell would print a bit.  How are you planning on carrying it?
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 12:29:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Not my carry gun.  I would think the magwell would print a bit.  How are you planning on carrying it?
View Quote

I prefer AIWB but like you said the magwell will be my only concern. I usually carry a glock, my pro never seen waist time, but that gun I just love the way it feels on my hands. I just hope someone that carries one chime in. Maybe I just looking for a reason to get it.

Link Posted: 4/12/2016 1:49:10 PM EDT
[#6]
The magwell is easily removed.  I pull mine off for carry.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 1:53:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The magwell is easily removed.  I pull mine off for carry.
View Quote

Well there you go khadafy, you'd be stupid not to join the STI club at this point.  
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 2:13:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm not gonna be called stupid for $1800 so I will just go and buy it
Now mister "thank you for making me spend my money" what holster are you using and how do you carry. Im guessing the Sti vs Pro weight doesn't make any difference?
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 2:23:37 PM EDT
[#9]
I use a BladeTech holster set up on my battle belt.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 2:47:40 PM EDT
[#10]
I carry a STI 5.0 in a blade tech IWB with the maxwell removed and it carries just fine
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 10:27:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm picking the pistol today, are this mags good to go ?, I was reading that may or may not work
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:53:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I'm picking the pistol today, are this mags good to go ?, I was reading that may or may not work
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You could give SVI/Brandon a call (or email) and ask, but as far as I know they work.  I have an STI Tac Single Stack 4.0 that I carry (actually I have two) and the fitting on both is excellent, as well as being incredibly accurate.  Fitting on all the 2011 Tacticals I've played with is consistently excellent too.  

I have lots of SVI mags, but no 2011 STI.  That said, they are great mags (in my SVI at least).  Just make sure you get the standard follower for more consistent lockback.

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:45:07 PM EDT
[#13]
SVI mags will usually work with no problem in an STI.  STI mags may need to have the mag catch hole opened up a bit for use in a SVI gun, since the SVI mag catch shape is a bit different.

That said, I have used the 9mm STI mags with no issues.  I don't personally see the value in paying the uplift to the SVI tubes.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:52:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
SVI mags will usually work with no problem in an STI.  STI mags may need to have the mag catch hole opened up a bit for use in a SVI gun, since the SVI mag catch shape is a bit different.

That said, I have used the 9mm STI mags with no issues.  I don't personally see the value in paying the uplift to the SVI tubes.
View Quote

They're shiny.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 1:01:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

They're shiny.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They're shiny.

Believe me, I don't care about bling bling all I want in a mag its reliability.
I looked everywhere for Sti mags but there are ost everywhere
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 1:01:36 PM EDT
[#16]
I used the SV mags as 9mm major was a new kid on the block.

I went with what was recommend to me by the only other 9mm major shooter I knew.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 1:07:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They're shiny.

It was joke.  The SVI mags are quality but $$$.  I have 10 or so of them and no feeding issues with either 9mm or 9x23mm WIN -- flat nose, HPs, whatever.  1911 mags for 9mm, I've tried all kinds with varying success, overall I think the 2011s eat 9mm a lot more reliably, which is why an STI 4.0 Tac 2011 is on my list to pickup for a carry over my 4.0 1911.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 1:10:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

It was joke.  The SVI mags are quality but $$$.  I have 10 or so of them and no feeding issues with either 9mm or 9x23mm WIN -- flat nose, HPs, whatever.  1911
mags for 9mm, I've tried all kinds with varying success, overall I think the 2011s eat 9mm a lot more reliably, which is why an STI 4.0 Tac 2011 is on my list.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They're shiny.

It was joke.  The SVI mags are quality but $$$.  I have 10 or so of them and no feeding issues with either 9mm or 9x23mm WIN -- flat nose, HPs, whatever.  1911
mags for 9mm, I've tried all kinds with varying success, overall I think the 2011s eat 9mm a lot more reliably, which is why an STI 4.0 Tac 2011 is on my list.

I know... Forgot this
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 2:10:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I used the SV mags as 9mm major was a new kid on the block.

I went with what was recommend to me by the only other 9mm major shooter I knew.
View Quote

For an open gun, you may have a point.  All my 9mm 2011 mags are 126mm and I am OK using SV and STI interchangeably for that.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:29:10 AM EDT
[#20]
</a>" />
And there she is, really impress how she handles, easy follow up shoots, very happy, already looking for holsters, mags
and getting rid of this gigantic magwell, maybe look for a low profile one, ill be replacing the front sight down the road but mags and holsters are priority
By the way I just purchased an Omega9k too
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:35:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
http://<a href=http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/xx113/khadafy1323/DCE08C9E-3865-482E-8F58-CD258EF15891.jpg</a>" />
And there she is, really impress how she handles, easy follow up shoots, very happy, already looking for holsters, mags
and getting rid of this gigantic magwell, maybe look for a low profile one, ill be replacing the front sight down the road but mags and holsters are priority
View Quote

Nice choice. I'm a fan of STI/2011's in general. That magwell is about the smallest magwell they make for that gun lol. But reloading a double stack mag even without a magwell is still generally easier than reloading a single stack gun. You should see the Ice magwells most people have on their USPSA limited guns.

I also just purchased an Omega 9k. Can't wait to get my grubby paws on it
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:43:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:44:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Nice choice. I'm a fan of STI/2011's in general. That magwell is about the smallest magwell they make for that gun lol. But reloading a double stack mag even without a magwell is still generally easier than reloading a single stack gun. You should see the Ice magwells most people have on their USPSA limited guns.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://<a href=http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/xx113/khadafy1323/DCE08C9E-3865-482E-8F58-CD258EF15891.jpg</a>" />

Nice!, this things happen usually happens to me, Ill go to shoot and end up with something , now I need to call STI and have them fit a threaded barrel. Oh by the way the STI fits very good on my Pro  holster from Garrett Industries
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:50:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Tag because I've been looking at the tactical DS and the Hex tactical DS.
View Quote

I spend just a week looking, no regrets, to tell you the truth this pistol got me thinking about getting rid of all 45s
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:09:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 1:14:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Only thing holding me back is gripping one. I love my G30, XDM, just not sure if I want to buy a 2011 frame without a test fit.
I bet they are shooters though. Took my kimber stainless cc II to the range today just to abate the urge to burn a hole in the checking account.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I spend just a week looking, no regrets, to tell you the truth this pistol got me thinking about getting rid of all 45s

Only thing holding me back is gripping one. I love my G30, XDM, just not sure if I want to buy a 2011 frame without a test fit.
I bet they are shooters though. Took my kimber stainless cc II to the range today just to abate the urge to burn a hole in the checking account.

Personally I love the 2011 grip size, and this is coming from someone who found the G30 unmanageably fat.    If you've ever held a Para doublestack 1911, the 2011s feel better than that.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 12:07:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you enjoy shoot any of those guns, don't get the 2011. The grip, trigger and ease of mag changes is the all-in-one combination. Nothing else satisfies like a 2011. If you do decide to take the plunge, might as well sell off the rest to offset the cost. It's not like you'll ever want to shoot them again.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 1:05:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

After my 2011 was finished and I finally got a 1911 with night sights, dad got the Glocks, my sister got a duplicate non-night sight 1911, and the SIGs were sold.  
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 8:31:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well if you think the grip is too big your in for a big surprise
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 3:48:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 2:52:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 5:10:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 5:24:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Arrived at the dealer! Can't wait to send some 124gr love down range...

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/soowah/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160520_124823.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v628/soowah/Mobile%20Uploads/20160520_124823.jpg</a>
View Quote

Congrats,shes a beauty, did you find a holster for it?
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 5:48:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top