Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/27/2015 8:56:04 PM EDT
I havn't fired a 1911 type pistol in years and never owned one of my own.  All I can say is I like it a lot!

Finally got a chance to go to the range with an MC Operator I bought last week.

I'm very happy with this purchase!

" />

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 9:06:05 PM EDT
[#1]
You picked a damn good version to get into 1911's. Congrats and well done.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 9:50:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Welcome to the bad side of the tracks. Good choice.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 10:27:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I pick up my Range Officer Compact in the morning
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:24:55 AM EDT
[#4]
I love mine. Added a S&A magwell to it.

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:47:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Oh, lawd! And so it begins!
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 9:18:15 PM EDT
[#6]
The MC Operator is one of the most desirable 1911s made. It's a lifetime gun. It bears a strong resemblance to the pistols made for the Marines Spec Ops groups at the Precision Weapons shops. They used Springfield slides a lot and sometimes frames too. Look at the MEU-SOC thread in the stickies. Now you've made me want to sell and old M1911 and get one like yours. :)
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 2:43:28 AM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
Are you not allowed to handle it in the afteroon?

Link Posted: 12/4/2015 7:14:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not at that time, didn't have it in my sweaty hands yet.  Sadly, now it's put off until next week.  I had foolishly thought I would be the first one in line at the Saturday morning Black Friday sale at FT Belvoir; 15% of all firearms.  They had one SA Range Officer Compact, and that gun had been in their case for at least two months.  At 15% off it would have been ~690, no tax.  I got there at 0630 for a 0800 store opening.  I was number 55 in the firearms line  Stupid me.  I waited in line for an hour and then some guy's wife came back and told her husband (#54) that only 3 guns had crossed the counter!  We had people in line who didn't even know what they were going to buy!  I left, came back at 1530.  They were on #33 and the SA was gone.  Found one on gunbroker with a buy it now option of $600.  It comes in next Thursday.  

That's my sad story, a self-induced one.  But, barring any postal problems, I'm soon to be a 1911 owner....finally.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top