Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/27/2015 2:39:05 PM EDT
I'm not necessarily looking for Black Friday prices, just in general. Is $28 shipped a good price?
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 2:52:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 3:19:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

Are ETMs preferred over the 47d?
I've got a Rock Island 5" if that really matters
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 3:35:35 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I don't remember all the details, but when the etm's came out a few years ago they were touted as an  upgrade.

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 3:44:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Decent price
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:19:15 PM EDT
[#5]
In my opinion the ETM is a more reliable mag because it is built as a 8 round mag not a 7 red made to fit 8.  
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 7:18:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Is there a problem with the Wilson 7 round basic stainless magazine in a Colt 5" government? $20 sounds good to me. What is the benefit of the pad on the end of the other mags? Is a Wilson 8 round mag a problem in a 5" Colt government?
Why does Colt not sell magazines at retail stores??? The two that came with my 45 have never had an issue.

First 1911 a couple of months ago Q's, love the gun. I still wipe off all fingerprints after my daily inspection.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 11:14:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
In my opinion the ETM is a more reliable mag because it is built as a 8 round mag not a 7 red made to fit 8.  
View Quote

Agreed, that's the mag I would prefer.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:32:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Is there a problem with the Wilson 7 round basic stainless magazine in a Colt 5" government? $20 sounds good to me. What is the benefit of the pad on the end of the other mags? Is a Wilson 8 round mag a problem in a 5" Colt government?
Why does Colt not sell magazines at retail stores??? The two that came with my 45 have never had an issue.

First 1911 a couple of months ago Q's, love the gun. I still wipe off all fingerprints after my daily inspection.
View Quote

No issues with 7 rounders, either Wilson or Tripp Research. Colt does not make their own mags, currently Checkmate does and they are good also. The pad on the bottom is usually used with a magwell to allow one to fully seat it.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 11:15:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

No issues with 7 rounders, either Wilson or Tripp Research. Colt does not make their own mags, currently Checkmate does and they are good also. The pad on the bottom is usually used with a magwell to allow one to fully seat it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks. I can't find any at local retail stores at this time. I have to have packages held at UPS or FedEx as they get stolen off of my front porch.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 9:12:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Thanks. I can't find any at local retail stores at this time. I have to have packages held at UPS or FedEx as they get stolen off of my front porch.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The pad was originally used to protect the mag during competition when it is dropped onto a hard surface during action shooting.
I bent a few Colt mag baseplates before installing pads back in the '80s.
They do help load a mag when the 1911 has an extended mag well.
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 4:41:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

interesting
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 4:00:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

interesting
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

interesting

I used to have all kinds of problems with my Kimber Stainless Custom II certain mags would cause it to lock back on rounds in the mag, feed issues, etc etc (yeah I know it is a Kimber).  When I started using ETM mags it has not had the issue since.

I have 47D's, CMC Powermags, Kimber Pro mags, ETM's, and the mags that come with SA pistols I think MecGar.  Lets not forget the piles of gunshow mags I picked up for cheap cheap.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top